`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Topps Factory Set Rookie Variations

2013 Topps Factory Set Rookie Variations
Opened a factory set and received 5 Rookie Variation Cards. The OPG has a listing of "ORANGE" with a serial number 230 - are these one in the same? And why the orange designation? Thanks.

RE: 2013 Topps Factory Set Rookie Variations
Are the cards orange?
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(08-19-2013, 09:25 AM)awlipke Wrote: Opened a factory set and received 5 Rookie Variation Cards. The OPG has a listing of "ORANGE" with a serial number 230 - are these one in the same? And why the orange designation? Thanks.
No - the cards are not orange and there are no serial numbers 0n them.
Thanks.

Just did a google search, here is what I found.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-...ions-guide
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I got five orange cards in my factory set they were orange one was a darvish
121623469-10222379832098571-7865154471714354335-o

Collecting Alex Tuch 493/839 58% 491/644 76% non 1/1
I can Only Ship Wednesdays and Thursdays

from what I understand the Orange cards are Hobby factory sets where as the ones you buy at say Walmart or Target will just be photo variations but look just like the regular base cards.

There are only 5 of the retail photo variations all RC's but the Orange Hobby version is a complete set parallel like the Walmart Blue, Target Red, TRU Purple etc... Thus much harder to put together.

(08-20-2013, 01:36 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: from what I understand the Orange cards are Hobby factory sets where as the ones you buy at say Walmart or Target will just be photo variations but look just like the regular base cards.

There are only 5 of the retail photo variations all RC's but the Orange Hobby version is a complete set parallel like the Walmart Blue, Target Red, TRU Purple etc... Thus much harder to put together.
That was the case with the 2012 set and to my understanding it has stayed the same. 2012 oranges were out of /190 I believe. I let two '12 Cespedes orange factory cards slip by me on E-bay last year, for $12 and $15... Haven't seen one since (seen a few '12 updates on there)... I'd have to imagine the orange cards are extremely rare considering a large portion of these sets are going to remain sealed one way or another.

But yes, the rookie Var's are just a different photo. I had difficulty locating the Cespedes one in ORG, but they were selling on E-bay for a similar value to his base last year (and now, just aren't selling :/ )

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint