`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Hot Packs" 100% rip off?

RE: "Hot Packs" 100% rip off?
(09-03-2013, 09:14 AM)Razorback9 Wrote: If you want to buy individual packs with a good chance for something nice buy hobby packs. As long as you trust your LCS owner it's worth the five bucks.
Absolutely yep I agree these guys have an eBay buying guide it makes my blood boil its a scam!
My Bucket check out all for trade or Sale.
http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/tmacfan824/library/
Always looking for Favre Auto/Patches & GU Letterman Letter Patches
Recent Successful Trades With: BGT Masters of Tiki D, Rwatt, Floydtown.

(08-15-2013, 05:09 PM)diablo71 Wrote: Hot packs are a great idea If you want to waste your money and support the d-bags that sell them.
To be fair, this did start off as an honorable gesture instead of a "get rich" gimmick. So sad how the hobby has declined! Can't trust anyone these days!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

I pulled a Roethlisberger class marks auto out of a hot pack back in 2004 so some are legit (although he had to of been a pack searcher). But the others ive purchased were reglued and contained scrubs so I just avoid those things like the plague now!

(08-15-2013, 03:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the vast majority of hot packs are scams of one sort or another. to quote myself:

90% are scams. another 9% just simply hurt the hobby.

the remaining 1% is cool (those are the guys that buy boxes to build sets, and dont care about MEM cards, so they weigh the pack and sell those separately, and use the rest to build their sets)

any seller that sells hot packs and singles? scam
any seller that sells hot packs that guarantees a certain player? scam
sellers that guarantee an autograph? scam (for most products, there are a couple exceptions)
if they say it will contain EITHER a refractor/jersey/auto/numbered: it will will be the lowest common denominator

and most guys have resealed their packs, which means you get a jersey card of a scrub

and most guys, if their feedback says that they got a good hit? that is a friend leaving feedback

and even if none of the above is true, the packs have been molested in some way, many of which cause damage. if they do it at a store (if they dont buy the whole box), they are screwing with the overall odds of a box, and ths hurt the hobby

hot pack sellers are worse than the worst dutch sellers from 10 years ago
Jacob I couldn't agree more....... hot pack sellers 99% of the time are complete scum.

YOU WILL NEVER GET A VALUABLE CARD IN A HOT PACK FOR THE SELLER HAS ALREADY OPENED IT AND IS TRYING TO MAKE TOP DOLLAR BY SELLING IT AS A SINGLE.

I actually wanted to prove wrong the theory of hot packs so I spent over 200.00 recently on ebay purchasing hot packs. When i realized some had been resealed, I left bad feedback and the seller actually called me a scum bag......... guess he was looking in the mirror while he was writing me the message.........

I will say this ... a lot of blasters (particularly Panini products) these days guarantee one auto or GU'd card per box.

The one with the jersey card is obviously the thickest, so theoretically if you weren't interested in ripping it you could list it as a "hot pack," I guess.

(03-31-2017, 03:57 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I will say this ... a lot of blasters (particularly Panini products) these days guarantee one auto or GU'd card per box.

The one with the jersey card is obviously the thickest, so theoretically if you weren't interested in ripping it you could list it as a "hot pack," I guess.
I was going to say.. the "mem" card packs are easiest to spot. I know they are for optic anyway.

[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(03-31-2017, 05:11 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: I was going to say.. the "mem" card packs are easiest to spot. I know they are for optic anyway.
They're also the most sturdy feeling, as the other ones have a bit of give to them.