`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A&G woes...and one hit

A&G woes...and one hit
i have an addiction...there, i've said it. after seeing so many rip cards being posted, i knew i had to try to pull one myself.

so i visited my lcs the first day the product came out. but when i walked in, another baseball collector was there. i knew from past experiences that he only picks up a box at a time and takes it home. because i enjoy busting boxes, especially when they first come out, and will keep busting a product until i get something decent, i told him to go ahead and pull his one box out of the case the lcs owner opened. so he did, then left.

i proceeded to bust 4 boxes...nothing good, maybe a no number mini A&G back griffey jr being my best card...and just 1 autograph. then the call came in...the guy had pulled a rip card #/10...sigh...

went back another day and busted 3 more boxes out of a new case. 1 autograph...nothing cool or even remotely collectible...sigh...

went to another lcs...bought their last 2 boxes...one auto, but no one to get excited about...and then i ask the lcs owner if anything good came out of the case...he said just one rip card but no one spectacular...sigh...

yesterday, went back to the original lcs...while i'm there, i bust the last 3 boxes of the old case (2nd case opened there) after asking if they heard of anything coming out...nope...but nothing exciting out of those. so they open another case. while i'm busting out of that case, a guy comes in who had busted a box out of the 2nd case earlier in the week...yup...he got the rip card but didn't know what it was...so he didn't bother telling the lcs owner...sigh...

my only relief is that i decided to call it a bust, but took home one more box to commiserate my bad luck...and at least pulled this beauty (which unfortunately, i have to sell to cover the costs of the mishmash case i busted)...

photo baberuthrelic_zps0795fffe.jpg

RE: A&G woes...and one hit
That is probably the most beautiful hit ive seen out of this years stuff. I love it! You did bust a bunch of boxes to get it though, sorry about your luck, but that is very nice

Rough luck, but that Ruth is super sweet. If you want to sell any of the NNO's lmk, I'm building the set and can still use quite a few.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

nice card. its not numbered?
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

No, it wouldn't be numbered because the sliver of the bat was actually taken from a bat used by Brent Ruth in a 1973 Rec League Softball game, pre aluminum era.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

wow...way to bum my trip. i know you're probably (and hopefully) kidding...but wow...

(08-16-2013, 02:14 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: No, it wouldn't be numbered because the sliver of the bat was actually taken from a bat used by Brent Ruth in a 1973 Rec League Softball game, pre aluminum era.

(08-16-2013, 02:14 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: No, it wouldn't be numbered because the sliver of the bat was actually taken from a bat used by Brent Ruth in a 1973 Rec League Softball game, pre aluminum era.
LOL
(08-18-2013, 12:01 AM)kstjst Wrote: wow...way to bum my trip. i know you're probably (and hopefully) kidding...but wow...
Nah, he's pulling your leg ...
Congrats on an amazing pull. You are quite a dedicated collector. I'd have quit after 3 boxes. But hopefully you learned a valuable lesson ... Open all boxes in the privacy of your home Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

LOL, yea man, it was a joke Smile There has been a lot of talk about game used stuff not being actually used by the player. That's a heck of a pull Smile

Sorry if I hurt your feelings...
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

NASTY RUTH!!!!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Hey if you ever want to move it, I have some PC I would open up to you for it> Thanks