`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to my LCS, Target, and a minor league baseball game

Trip to my LCS, Target, and a minor league baseball game
Hi everyone. On Friday I decided to go up and see a high single A Florida State League game between the Pt. Charlotte Stonecrabs (Rays) at the Ft. Myers Miracle (Twins). Being a Rays fan, I'd get to see some more of the young Rays prospects as well as this would be my first time getting to see the Twins young phenom Byron Buxton in action. Since I'd be up there I also decided to stop by the LCS, and I broke down and also decided to check out the Target up the street. Ended up spending way to much on cards (about $150 on hobby/and $100 on retail) but it ended up being an interesting experience. From the LCS I ended up getting a box of 2013 Bowman Platinum, a nice prospect themed box since I'd be going to check out some prospects, as well as a few loose packs (4) of 2012-13 Prestige (B-Ball) and one lone remaining pack of 2010 Bowman Platinum. From Target I got a blaster of 2013 Bowman Platinum and two value packs, a blaster of 2013 A&G and two value packs, as well as a blaster of 2010 Bowman Chrome and 2012 Press Pass FanFare (football) which were discounted. Overall I think I did really well and I'm interested in knowing which one, hobby or retail, you think I did better with. Anyways, here is all my loot:

LCS stuff:
J.R. Graham base ref. AU
Jose Berrios green ref. AU/399
Matt Barnes blue ref. jsy/AU/199
Byron Buxton base and chrome
Mark Montgomery blue ref.
Ty Hensley green ref.
Eddie Rosario x-fractor
Aroldis Chapman red parallel
Giancarlo Stanton blue sapphire reprint
and a Chandler Parsons Prestigious Picks AU from the basketball packs

Retail:
Dorssys Paulino green ref. AU/399
Yasiel Puig base
Jake Odorizzi red parallel
Oscar Taveras and Carlos Correa chrome
Mike Zunino and Dan Vogelbach Purple ref.
Monty Hall relic
Chad Billingsley relic
Yasiel Puig, Machado and Jose Fernandez RC's
John Hochstatter USA blue ref. AU/99
Tyler Chatwood purple ref. /899
Aroldis Chapman and Gary Sanchez Chome
and a Cyrus Gray bronze Fanfare AU/99 from the football pack

Oh and at the game I was able to get 22 total IP autos. Most notable were:
Byron Buxton (two, on the sweet spot of an OMLB and on his Bowman Chrome card)
Richie Shaffer (on the sweet spot of an OMiLB)
Felipe Rivero (on the sweet spot of an OMiLB)
Doug Mientkiewicz (on his Miracle team card, he is the coach)
Matt Koch (two, on his Bowman Chrome card and Miracle team card)
Jeff Malm (on his Bowman Chrome card)
Drew Vettleson (two, on his Bowman Draft base card and gold parallel)
as well as most of the Miracle team on there team cards for those that had one and were still around.

So what do ya think? You can even chose the game if you think I did better there than with my breaks. Guess I need to figure out how to post a poll... Was definitly a fun night, even got to see Alex Cobb pitch for his rehab start. Thanks for checking out my thread.