`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cursed auction items.

Cursed auction items.
Have you ever had an item that you tried to sell that would always "sell", but the deal would never close. I have an item that I just "sold" for the third time, but there is always an excuse. Tonight the guy got caught up and didn't realize how high the bidding had gone. Wow, thanks for wasting even more of my time. Sorry, just getting frustrated.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

RE: Cursed auction items.
(08-09-2013, 11:29 PM)aquariustg Wrote: Have you ever had an item that you tried to sell that would always "sell", but the deal would never close. I have an item that I just "sold" for the third time, but there is always an excuse. Tonight the guy got caught up and didn't realize how high the bidding had gone. Wow, thanks for wasting even more of my time. Sorry, just getting frustrated.
If the 3 sales were around the same price then I would re list & try buy it now with instant pay due, otherwise the item remains active.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Wow never knew that could happen. I thought once you bid on something you were committed to it.

That's BS. I've never had that happen. I've been on the other end where I got caught up in bidding only to see that there was a BIN for $4-5 cheaper the whole time... But I've never even thought about backing out of it. That is the whole purpose of an auction and putting things up for auction.
Once I had an item I was going to post for sale and I decided to bid up the only one that on E-bay at the time to drive up the price for my own. I got the item dumped on me, then sold my own for 2/3 of the price, lol. Ebay should definitely do something about this though. It should be a strict negative on the buyer, without a chance for negatives for the seller.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Have you tried 2nd chance offers to the next closest bidder each time. I would find it odd if even those bidders didn't want it either. If that ended up being the case then I would definitely relist it as a fixed price listing with immediate payment required.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(08-10-2013, 12:57 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Once I had an item I was going to post for sale and I decided to bid up the only one that on E-bay at the time to drive up the price for my own. I got the item dumped on me, then sold my own for 2/3 of the price.
At least you are honest about manipulating the system, Petillo, or at least trying to--though unsuccessfully. Honesty is always appreciated in this hobby.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(08-10-2013, 11:13 AM)jonathani Wrote: At least you are honest about manipulating the system, Petillo, or at least trying to--though unsuccessfully. Honesty is always appreciated in this hobby.
Yeah, that was a while back... Learned my lesson!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint