Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nolan Ryan Auto FT for Football or Basketball

Nolan Ryan Auto FT for Football or Basketball
Hey guys,

I never really come on the baseball board, but I've got 1 baseball card left in my collection that I'd be willing to trade for the right thing. I'm not even 100% what the card is (perhaps someone can fill me in), but my grandpa gave it to me a long while back and it is autographed by Nolan Ryan.

[Image: img084-1.jpg]
[Image: img089.jpg]

It is in pretty good shape besides some surface smudges that you can probably see in the scan. I'm sure someone with more expertise at cleaning could probably get those off pretty easily though.

I'd want to trade this for something of equal value of Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki if possible. Would consider other Packers as well. Let me know!
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

RE: Nolan Ryan Auto FT for Football or Basketball
I used to have that card, but it wasn't autographed. I'm not sure they made an actual autographed version of the card. Was it obtained in person?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

Its an unliscensed card by Silver Star. I agree I don't recall an autographed version. He likely obtained it in person himself. Nice card though! Not technically able to even be traded on Beckett since it can't be found in the OPG. Given it was a gift from your grandfather, can't be dealt here really, and is an in person auto which lowers its value, I'd say KEEP it.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1991/sil...an-3961594
I have 7 of those already
Its this card and its an after market auto.
Not sure what you are wanting for it but you can check me for it
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Yes, it's either an in-person or TTM. But it's definitely an after-market type thing. As far as unsigned, Beckett has Graded 3 of them, so far. Its designation is Nolan Ryan 1991 SilverStar Holograms #2.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Yes I'm pretty sure it was obtained in person (cant ask him any more because of Alzheimers). One of the perks of living in Arlington I suppose, easier to get to signings.
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

I'm not an expert but it looks legit.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-10-2013, 10:04 AM)nathan craig Wrote: Yes I'm pretty sure it was obtained in person (cant ask him any more because of Alzheimers). One of the perks of living in Arlington I suppose, easier to get to signings.
Personally, IF it were me, I would keep & treasure the card!! Just my opinion.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-10-2013, 11:27 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Personally, IF it were me, I would keep & treasure the card!! Just my opinion.

I would get the card graded and the autograph authenticated by JSA. I think BGS and JSA have a partnership in this regard.
Collection of thousands baseball, football, basketball, and other cards from the 1980s - 1990s. Open to paypal (preferably) OR intriguing trade offers. Interested in Baltimore Orioles, Washington Nationals, Washington Bullets / Wizards, Washington Capitals, and Washington Redskins items.

(08-10-2013, 01:33 PM)boxer4psi Wrote: I would get the card graded and the autograph authenticated by JSA. I think BGS and JSA have a partnership in this regard.
i wouldnt grade it, i think those edges and corners look a little rough. however i would personally have psa authenticate the auto and slab it.

just my two cents, great card!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75