`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure how to react? Picture added!

RE: Not sure how to react? Picture added!
(08-08-2013, 09:16 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: B. It is not a bait and switch since you did not buy any single auto and then they gave you a different one. Bait and switch is when a specific product is advertised and then not available. He was not buying a specifically advertised Carlos Gonzalez auto, so it can't be bait and switch....
So..they advertized a pulled CarGo card out of 25 (the redemption card said CarGo auto) and gave him a Wright card out of 50..different player, different serial # and different card product. How is that not wrong or even bordering on criminal??
He did buy an auto..he paid for and pulled a CarGo auto...we did not get a CarGo auto..he paid for something and they did not provide that service..as advertized..
As a nonlegal person..that seems wrong..as a legal person it must seem ok..within bounds

(08-09-2013, 09:50 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: So..they advertized a pulled CarGo card out of 25 (the redemption card said CarGo auto) and gave him a Wright card out of 50..different player, different serial # and different card product. How is that not wrong or even bordering on criminal??
He did buy an auto..he paid for and pulled a CarGo auto...we did not get a CarGo auto..he paid for something and they did not provide that service..as advertized..
As a nonlegal person..that seems wrong..as a legal person it must seem ok..within bounds
There's no disclaimer saying that they can substitute the card at their discretion.
It's not really bait and switch ... More like false advertising. I believe 'fraud' might be the key word in a legal sense.
I'd say that if there was a problem with getting a card, in this case, replace it with same product, same s/n and similar player status. HOF for HOF, rookie for rookie, etc. they have access to Beckett, they know the relative value of things.
...and like I mentioned before ..., they should not 'replace' but instead 'upgrade' give a little more for the inconvenience.
If you can't deliver the goods, make it up to the consumer. I'm going to sit for another 2 hours waiting for customer service. I'm going to ask for a pack of Tier One 2012 or 2013 plus the Wright card to make up for their lack of consideration. I think that's fair. Essentially, I bought a pack of Tier One and got an incomplete package. Right? They should replace it! If they don't, , I'm going to get a lawyer friend of mine to write a letter about their deceptive business practice of redemption fraud!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-10-2013, 02:47 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'm going to sit for another 2 hours waiting for customer service. I'm going to ask for a pack of Tier One 2012 or 2013 plus the Wright card to make up for their lack of consideration.
Not that this helps in this discussion, but how ironic would it be if they did give you another pack of Tier One and you pulled the same CarGo redemption? I'd imagine your head would explode
[Image: Boston.jpg]

(08-10-2013, 03:17 PM)wolverine74 Wrote: Not that this helps in this discussion, but how ironic would it be if they did give you another pack of Tier One and you pulled the same CarGo redemption? I'd imagine your head would explode
That would actually be too funny!
My head would only explode if they sent me another David Wright PseudoPrizm card to replace itSmile
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You could always post it up for trade and see if you can get something for it which would be acceptable and suit your collection more. It would probably be easier than dealing with Topps and having to send items back and fourth. I haven't touched wax for 10 years because of redemption cards. Though I did just get a 1/1 Redemption from Platinum in trade (knock on wood) first one in a decade. My advice, trade it for something you can use and that would make you happy. If that doesn't appear possible within the first day or so of trying to trade it then contact topps as a last resort.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(08-10-2013, 11:54 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: You could always post it up for trade and see if you can get something for it which would be acceptable and suit your collection more. It would probably be easier than dealing with Topps and having to send items back and fourth. I haven't touched wax for 10 years because of redemption cards. Though I did just get a 1/1 Redemption from Platinum in trade (knock on wood) first one in a decade. My advice, trade it for something you can use and that would make you happy. If that doesn't appear possible within the first day or so of trying to trade it then contact topps as a last resort.
without it being issued in a set, its not in the database here thus couldnt be added to organize/traded.

not that you couldn't trade it on other websites but still. sucks

...imagine getting a pack...pulling the same CarGo redemption....redeeming it, and they instantly fulfill it and send you the right card LOL
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(08-11-2013, 12:00 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: ...imagine getting a pack...pulling the same CarGo redemption....redeeming it, and they instantly fulfill it and send you the right card LOL
Okay, THAT would make my head explode! Smile

I feel your pain I was supposed to get 2012 Topps Marquee auto crowd pleasers Ozzie Smith instead I get the same exact card but it was a Willie McCovey. Not Happy at all because it would have been my first auto of Ozzie auto.

I should have traded the redemption when someone offered me a 1975 Topps Nolan Ryan and 50.00 for the redemption card
Oh and then they said they shipped me 7 cards that I have waited on for at least a year last week and still nothing in the mailbox. If I never pull another redeption I would be happier than a Crap Eating Cat!!
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(08-07-2013, 11:59 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Got my replacement redemption card from Topps.
I was supposed to get a 2012 Tier One White Ink on card auto of Carlos Gonzalez /25
They sent me a nondescript card, sticker auto of David Wright /50

Pros: David Wright vs. Carlos Gonzalez
Cons: /50 vs. /25
Cons: Sticker vs. On Card
Cons: ??? vs. Tier One

Do the Pros outweigh the Cons in this case. Not really sure how to react or if complaining at this point would even make a difference.
What do you people think?
I'll post a pic ASAP. Here is the card ...
[Image: null_zps448b518b.jpg]

I think it just depends on how far you want to go down the rabbit hole with this....Me personally....I would hold them accountable!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

I was supposed to receive a 2011 Triple Threads Book Dual Auto Relic of Andrew McCutchen and Pedro Alvarez #d/50 and received a Duke Snider auto similar to the David Wright pictured. Completely unacceptable. Topps customer service at first was a joke. It was like they hired someone off the street and didn't bother training him about the cards they produce. The second person, who I am assuming was a manager, was a little more helpful. Still not getting the card I redeemed but at least he tried to do something to make it less painful. This is why I stopped buying Upper Deck products before their demise.