`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
After waiting almost two years for a Cam Newton TTM request ...

RE: After waiting almost two years for a Cam Newton TTM request ...
(08-09-2013, 09:36 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: It might be a Panther thing. I sent a TTM request to david gettis last year. Still no response. Or my cards back.
Although, I will say this ... I sent a HIT draft card to Jimmy Clausen his rookie year and received it signed (and personalized) in exactly six days.

I mean, he must have opened it the day he got it, read the letter, signed the card AND mailed it back all in the same day.

Still the record for me, by far ... I don't think it physically can be done faster!

(08-09-2013, 09:59 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Although, I will say this ... I sent a HIT draft card to Jimmy Clausen his rookie year and received it signed (and personalized) in exactly six days.

I mean, he must have opened it the day he got it, read the letter, signed the card AND mailed it back all in the same day.

Still the record for me, by far ... I don't think it physically can be done faster!
I think the only TTM auto I have gotten from a Panther player is from Sam Mills. I figured Gettis would sign. He was injured and not a Huge name player.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(08-09-2013, 11:16 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: I think the only TTM auto I have gotten from a Panther player is from Sam Mills. I figured Gettis would sign. He was injured and not a Huge name player.
It may very well be that certain teams don't forward fan mail ... like, on the Eagles website it specifically says not to send requests for autographs (although my Clausen auto and your Mills auto shoot that theory directly in the foot with the Panthers).

Who knows, man.

Oh well, sad as it is, I put the rejection letter in my box of Cam stuff ... sort of a "collectible" in its own very lame way.

(08-09-2013, 07:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I think I got the same Nolan Ryan ... black and white photo, blue Sharpie?

Yep, that one is real. Funny thing is, I sent a card to Rafael Palmeiro and that's what they sent back! All is well that ends well.
Yep, that's what I got lol. I honestly think I threw it away a few years later....I think the auto started to fade, so I just gave up on it.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-09-2013, 08:12 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: lol go ahead and try RGIII. You wont get your card back either. Geez class act!

I dont know if there is a starting quarterback in this league who will sign TTM.
I have gotten Peyton Manning 3 times on 3 different cards in 3 different years, and JSA authenticated them all, I have gotten Brees twice but haven't tried to get them authenticated yet. I sent to RGIII and I actually got it back unsigned with a letter wth a pre-print autograph on it saying he gets too much fan mail but to check his charity web site for dates and times when he will be appearing for in person autographs.
(08-10-2013, 11:30 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: Yep, that's what I got lol. I honestly think I threw it away a few years later....I think the auto started to fade, so I just gave up on it.
I got 2 of those when I was a child as well, I had sent to his ranch in Texas, I am not sure where mine are either, I am 99% sure I still have them they are just somewhere in one of my many storage boxes of collectables.
I collect Baltimore Orioles, Atlanta Braves and Autographed Cards.

[URL=http:
//viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=618266
58&albumId=2814560&page=1]My Autographed Cards[/URL]

Holy cow this old thread got revived, LOL.

I've tried Peyton twice, got two cards back unsigned.

Tried Roethlisberger twice, got the same generic postcard back with card unsigned, so I think I'll quit while I'm behind, LOL.