`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
bgs mail day disappointment

bgs mail day disappointment
I don't even wanna link the pic of the mailday, only one card but it was a white whale that took me a while to acquire for the right price. I examined the card, of course im not a professional grader but I kinda know what im looking at here, I sent in my LeBron 02-03 finest and it was one of the best conditioned cards ive had and yet somehow it came back a 9, ive sent in so much worse and had 9.5s come back with them, its a little depressing knowing how long I chased that card and im just shocked it came back ANYTHING less than a 9.5, im looking at it now and cant figure it out still. centering 9 (looks perfect) surface 9.5 edges 9.5 corners 9.. they all look perfect though I just don't get it. ok enough ranting im gonna break this case open and send it in again
I collect mainly New York Mets, New York Sports legends of any sport, and pretty much any "legend".

Michael Jordan
Lebron James RC's + autos
Kobe Bryant 96-97 Topps Chrome + autos
Geno Smith autos

RE: bgs mail day disappointment
Wait, your complaining about a card coming back Mint? I'm confused...I never understood why .5 more is such a big deal, especially when its a PC card. What are you gonna do if you crack it and it comes back a 9 again? Or even an 8.5? Wether you send it in and it gets an 8, 9, 9.5 or 10 it is always going to just be the exact card you sent in to begin with. The only thing that will have changed is the opinion of the person that graded it. I've got nothing against graded cards, I just get frustrated when people expect every one of their cards to be the most perfect card ever made...
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

the card is gem mint, it should be graded gem mint.. i hope one day you buy a 1 of 1 d rose for thousands then send it in for grading and find its a fake maybe that way youd understand
theres something about that gold label dude, if you dont like graded cards thats fine but plenty of people do love graded cards. so your telling me theres no difference betweena jordan 86-87 8 or 9.5? thats what your trying to convince me of here you troll
I collect mainly New York Mets, New York Sports legends of any sport, and pretty much any "legend".

Michael Jordan
Geno Smith autos

I clearly said I have nothing against graded caerds. And if your card was gem mint it would have came back as gem mint. And to be honest, no, there really isnt a difference between a jordan rookie that comes back an 8 and one that comes back a 9.5 because in the end they are both still a jordan rookie. I'd suggest cleaning up your attitude if you wanna make it very long here. You arent going to get much sympathy with dumb complaints like this.
Oh and 2 more things...
1. I would never drop that kind of $ on a single card
2. If I got a 1/1 I wouldnt do something stupid like grading it
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

"if you carf was gem mint it would have came back as gem mint" ...with bgs? every single grader grades differently, the card is perfect. its just annoying i dropped 30 bucks for someone to make a mistake thats my complaint

just yesterday there was a huge thread on bo forum about a fake inscribed card passed by beckett without those dummies realizing 10 diffferent things about it. the problem is bgs is the king and what they so goes. im going to get this re-graded in person at a show on august 16th and im positive it will come back a 9.5 and doubling its value by doing so. someone with your "expertise" on the subject should know that until every grader grades the same this will continue to happen, those graders all have their own opinions, thats my biggest problem
its also hard to take anything you say about cards seriously when you say theres no difference between a 8 or 9.5 jordan 86-87. you got to be kidding me.

Michael Jordan
Geno Smith autos

Busting a BGS 9? The card is about ten years old.. I would be happy with that 9 and not waste any more money trying for the 9.5. What if it comes back next time as a 9 as well? Wasted $50-60 on trying to get a label? I have that same card as a BGS 9 and couldn't be happier. Picked it up about a year ago for $90

Do you have a jewlers loop? You have to remember that BGS is looking at these cards harshly. Even if you can't find any flaws they most likely will.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

All I'm saying is bgs graders are all different, some grade things differently and some don't care, this exact card will get 9.5 from a different grader, and after what I saw on bo these graders really don't all know what theyre doing, but ill find one who does
(08-03-2013, 01:33 PM)arabiansnowgriz Wrote: Busting a BGS 9? The card is about ten years old.. I would be happy with that 9 and not waste any more money trying for the 9.5. What if it comes back next time as a 9 as well? Wasted $50-60 on trying to get a label? I have that same card as a BGS 9 and couldn't be happier. Picked it up about a year ago for $90

Do you have a jewlers loop? You have to remember that BGS is looking at these cards harshly. Even if you can't find any flaws they most likely will.
also not everyone is the same. because you are happy with a 9 bgs card doesnt mean everyone is. the reason i was disappointed, am disappointed is that all graders are different, there should be some consistent factor and its lacking. and i still cant get over what i saw on bo last night, bgs is the industry leader, thats a given, but i wish psa or sgc was instead now after what ive seen and experienced now. i cant change that though, that damn gold label...

Michael Jordan
Geno Smith autos

how about you post scans of the card in the slab and we can see if we agree with the grade or not.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Alexrafco, I understand exactly what you are saying.... but
BO is a 5 year olds paradise and I wouldn't take anything over on that forum serious...
Yes, all of these guys see the cards a little different and grade a little different. I've graded enough and saw enough to know this but make sure there isn't a scratch on the surface of that card because that is the typical problems I've seen with that particular set you are talking about.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

(08-04-2013, 02:30 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: how about you post scans of the card in the slab and we can see if we agree with the grade or not.
Yes please post High Resolution scans of the front and back so that ppl here can analyze it and try to see if BGS got it wrong. I've submitted over 100 cards for Grading and still sometimes miss flaws when selecting the cards to send in. Once I review the specific area(s) that got a low grade with a loupe magnifier I am able to see them.