`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kobe RC pick-up, grading advice

Kobe RC pick-up, grading advice
picked this up off the bay for 31 bucks delivered. I was wondering if I should send it for grading. and also when bccg is a 10 does that mean its like an automatic 9 or better? should I bust this out of its case before sending it in? send it in the way it is? from your eyes does it have 9.5 potential?
[Image: 631c8d71-cffe-4c4b-88c1-88e359f399f7_zps7ff452b9.jpg]
I collect mainly New York Mets, New York Sports legends of any sport, and pretty much any "legend".

Michael Jordan
Lebron James RC's + autos
Kobe Bryant 96-97 Topps Chrome + autos
Geno Smith autos

RE: Kobe RC pick-up, grading advice
I have submitted 3 of these cards for grading and the highest I got was an 8.5. This cards is condition sensitive and usually has edge/corner wear. It's kind of hard to tell but if that's damage on the lower right hand side edge I dont think it has a shot an a 9.5. Ho'w the back?
You should cross reference the card with ones that have been graded.

I'm not a Kobe collector, so I don't know what this card generally sells for. However, my rule of thumb is to never buy BCCG as I think it is a borderline scam as many sellers will advertise as "BGS BCCG 10, MINT!!" Or something along those lines in hopes of duping people. With that being said a good deal is a good deal, I consider BCCG 10 as an 8 and BCCG 9 as a 6-7. That is just based on my experience. If you resubmit it I personally would leave it as is and send it in. I would rather have it be a crossover and not risk damaging the card.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Sonic nailed it here. Those cards are very condition-sensitive and typically have considerable corner wear. I put these up there with Zebut cards in terms of condition-sensitivity. What does the back look like?

As for BCCG, its a pre-grade. I don't put any stock into BCCG graded cards. I should also probably say as a disclaimer that I don't deal much with graded cards...but I know enough to make a statement in regards to the reliability of BCCG grades to cross over.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

the back looks just great, ill post a pic when I get home from work tomorrow. I think a 9.5 is not impossible on it. well just have to see and find out
I collect mainly New York Mets, New York Sports legends of any sport, and pretty much any "legend".

Michael Jordan
Lebron James RC's + autos
Kobe Bryant 96-97 Topps Chrome + autos
Geno Smith autos

AHHHH BCCGS WHY WHY WHY LOL either jailbreak that dang thing or send it to be crossed over! Since there's no penny sleeve on the card, its just going to bounce around in there like a pinball and get dinged to heck!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75