`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa, Xtreme! Brandon Jennings for Brandon Knight!

Whoa, Xtreme! Brandon Jennings for Brandon Knight!
Eh, as a fellow Pistons fan I don't know what to think. Does that make them better?

Your thoughts?

(Or anyone elses's, LOL)

RE: Whoa, Xtreme! Brandon Jennings for Brandon Knight!
I love the deal. BK might end up a decent PG someday, but it wont be next year. jennings will be able to feed our trio of big dogs right away. and cheeks and billups will be able to help jennings become a better pg, and help with shot selection

But do you worry about Jennings and Smith playing together? Two extremely talented players that need to be reined in and tend to make dumb mistakes. I think having Billups around will be huge for this team.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

(07-30-2013, 07:56 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: I love the deal. BK might end up a decent PG someday, but it wont be next year. jennings will be able to feed our trio of big dogs right away. and cheeks and billups will be able to help jennings become a better pg, and help with shot selection
You're a Pistons fan? Holy s--t!

ive been a pistons fan since dr j retired (pre-bad boys). red wings fan too. all of my pop's family is from michigan (yspi, harbor springs, dexter, detroit, and even a couple yuppers)
(07-30-2013, 07:59 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: But do you worry about Jennings and Smith playing together? Two extremely talented players that need to be reined in and tend to make dumb mistakes. I think having Billups around will be huge for this team.
jennings wont be shooting from the outside much. dribble drive, penetrate and kick. but he will be asked to be a distributor as his primary function

cheeks is the perfect coach for him

My family is from Jackson. Wow, small world.

Man, that's going to be a totally different team ... Jennings, Josh Smith, Mo Cheeks, Chauncey again ...

On the other side...As a small-market team, we lose our most marketable player. I liked Knight when he was in DET, but the Bucks are losing about 5 ppg at the PG position, and Slava wont compete with Sanders, and probably wont make him any better in practice.

It all makes me think Rachel Phelps is running the team.

But I am optimistic as usual, just failing to see the new big picture.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been on another site a lot talking about the Pistons...including this. I do and don't like this move. Knight was a better three point shooter and understood his role on the team (3 point shooter and distributor, not the focal point of the offense and never would be). I think Jennings is going to have a hard time with the fact that he is not the head honcho. But then again, maybe he'll be more efficient for that fact. He'll have the most talent he's ever played with and great mentors in Billups and Cheeks. Middleton could turn into a good role player should his shooting continue to improve, and Slava (or as we called him, Ctrl-v) I hear is already being talked about being shopped. The deal was reasonable in my opinion. Other PG from his class are getting much bigger deals, but he's been just as good as some of them. This team is going to be very intriguing this year. The way the team is constructed, and how weak the East is, the Pistons SHOULD be able to compete for as high as the fifth spot, but I'm thinking 7th. Then again, chemistry could be bunk and we end up sucking enough to miss the playoffs, but not enough to keep the pick we owe Charlotte. We still have our expiring contracts, and this is the last year of Joe D's deal, so he wants to win now.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards