`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone identitfy this Alonzo Mourning card??

Can anyone identitfy this Alonzo Mourning card??
Another member has this card that I would like to trade for but we are unable to locate it anywhere on the price guide. The base card is easily located but I wondering why this auto version wouldn't be included considering it has a print run and also a COA. Can anyone help??

[Image: IMG_0001_zps5721a3b1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0002_zpsfdce0378.jpg]
Always willing to trade for Dwyane Wade/Alonzo Mourning Cards

RE: Can anyone identitfy this Alonzo Mourning card??
It's a score board pick up...good luck is all I can say on this one lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

i dont believe that card was issued in packs

and since it is scoreboard, there's a high chance it isnt even legit

You are correct on it not coming from a pack jacobystealshome, I bought the card years ago off of TV from one of the HSN shows that was having a sports night. I didn't and don't really know anything about scoreboard, it never crossed my mind that it might be fake. I guess with the COA I took it for granted to be real. With the way the COA is written if its faked wouldn't there be legal issues, if scoreboard is still in business?

On another note, Jacobystealshome, the money you have raised for cancer is awesome. PM me some info about Project Cupid and how I can donate.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(07-30-2013, 07:30 AM)kevinr Wrote: You are correct on it not coming from a pack jacobystealshome, I bought the card years ago off of TV from one of the HSN shows that was having a sports night. I didn't and don't really know anything about scoreboard, it never crossed my mind that it might be fake. I guess with the COA I took it for granted to be real. With the way the COA is written if its faked wouldn't there be legal issues, if scoreboard is still in business?
ScoreBoard was a legitimate card company and they definitely had lots of legit autographs. The issue is that they didn't really do much to make their COAs or autographed cards difficult to fake. If they had used matching serial numbered holograms like UDA, then it would have been MUCH better. There are unscrupulous people out there that simply copy the COA and then fake a signature on the card (since there isn't anything on the card that identifies the card as being autographed, they can just get a normal base card, forge a signature and add a serial number on the back). To make matters worse, there were a bunch of unsigned cards from ScoreBoard (that were going to be autographed) that got released when ScoreBoard went bankrupt. Again some unscrupulous people have taken these unsigned cards and added forged signatures (and sold them as legit). So overall there are a lot of people that simply stay away when they see the name ScoreBoard with an autograph.
Hopefully your card is legit, and if you bought it from HSN it most likely is legit. However it definitely won't show up in the Beckett database.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-30-2013, 07:50 AM)djohn Wrote: ScoreBoard was a legitimate card company and they definitely had lots of legit autographs. The issue is that they didn't really do much to make their COAs or autographed cards difficult to fake. If they had used matching serial numbered holograms like UDA, then it would have been MUCH better. There are unscrupulous people out there that simply copy the COA and then fake a signature on the card (since there isn't anything on the card that identifies the card as being autographed, they can just get a normal base card, forge a signature and add a serial number on the back). To make matters worse, there were a bunch of unsigned cards from ScoreBoard (that were going to be autographed) that got released when ScoreBoard went bankrupt. Again some unscrupulous people have taken these unsigned cards and added forged signatures (and sold them as legit). So overall there are a lot of people that simply stay away when they see the name ScoreBoard with an autograph.
Hopefully your card is legit, and if you bought it from HSN it most likely is legit. However it definitely won't show up in the Beckett database.
Ah ok I see thanks for the explanation that clears it up and will help me in the future.

I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

Based on the year you got it, and the source you got it from I would say its 50/50 chance of being legitimate. I have have a handful of Zo autos and this one looks solid, but their are a lot of good "artists" artists out there. Unfortunately the COA is virtually worthless and the only way of legitimizing the auto would be to send it out for authentication. PSA/DNA comes to mind. My guess on sell value if you did have it authenticated and graded would be 40-50 bucks which may make the cost of sending it out not worth it. I could be off though, these are just assumptions.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]