`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1991 Topps Desert Shield Set Idea

1991 Topps Desert Shield Set Idea
If you had a 1991 Topps Desert Shield Complete Set and got all 792 cards graded would collectors be more into it? Or would it just be a waste of money
 photo banner_zpsbab74229.jpg

RE: 1991 Topps Desert Shield Set Idea
Probably a waste, unless you wanted them all protected. I think it would be a cool set to put together though.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

It would depend on how well it graded out. I think there could definitely be more interest considering that the cards were faked (or in some cases the gold foil was transferred from a common to a star). If you could get a high grade set it could sell really well at an auction house. However due to the cost of grading, and number of cards in the set it might be better to just grade the higher valued star cards. As a bare minimum I would get the star cards encapsulated as authentic from BGS or PSA. If the Chipper card is in perfect condition then you will definitely want to get it graded as a high grade on that card would definitely increase the value for the set.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It would be a awesome set graded, you can pick up most cards graded for under 10.00, go for it.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Seems like a waste to me.. You'd spend easily over $5000 in grading... Unless you pieced it out and landed a bunch of high grades I think you'd have a really hard time moving it if that was your intention.

It isnt such a cheap set to put together and grading would be expensive too!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I'd avoid grading like the plague on this one lol

1) gunna be a pain to get the entire set in high grade
2) the keys in high grade are going to be crazy money (which, yes grading would help)
3) Think about how someone would display a set of graded cards that big...lol it'd take like an entire wall of the house! lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Or you could decorate the houses exterior with them so everyone can see lol
http://www.demilked.com/magazine/wp-cont...umb640.jpg

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(07-26-2013, 12:34 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Or you could decorate the houses exterior with them so everyone can see lol
http://www.demilked.com/magazine/wp-cont...umb640.jpg
Lol thatd put those bgs cases to the test eh? Lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(07-26-2013, 01:16 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Lol thatd put those bgs cases to the test eh? Lol
Without a doubt!! lol Ive always wondered how waterproof they are.......