`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Autograph preference
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
On the card
81.82%
18 81.82%
Sticker
0%
0 0%
Doesn't matter. I just want a signature card.
18.18%
4 18.18%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autographs: sticker vs. on-card

Autographs: sticker vs. on-card
Hello all,

I don't normally collect autos or other memorabilia cards. Lately I've been hearing more discussion about sticker autos (2013-14 Trilogy). What is the big deal with the stickers? Do collectors prefer to have autos directly on the cards?

What are your thoughts on autographs?

RE: Autographs: sticker vs. on-card
In most cases collectors like the on card auto's. Myself, I prefer them, but it really depends on the design of the card Smile
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

On card autos look cleaner. Stickers can look cheap. ITG (BTP, H&P) does a great job with sticker autos by framing them, so it's harder to notice the sticker.

As long as you don't happen to get a Devante Smith-Pelley - he stamps his auto.

I prefer on card autos but sometimes condition wise, they have wear due to manipulation.

Generally:

sticker autos = better condition but the player did not touched the card

on card autos = better interest cause the player personnally touched the card.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

(07-23-2013, 02:25 PM)arrowsg30 Wrote: As long as you don't happen to get a Devante Smith-Pelley - he stamps his auto.
That is wack.

I think it is laziness on the part of the company, but i really dont care too much it just looks better on card. Trilogy this year there is no excuse to not have on card, High end product over a year to prepare. Total garbage in my opinion
[Image: LxqYj.png]

I collect in order 1. Dick Allen everything 2. Brian Omogrosso 1/1 3. Past Present and Future Penguins RC 4. Western PA MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL RC's 5. Pitt players in the NBA RC's

First, Over a year to prepare Trilogy--- try 6 months from when the players first played. If they had not done it that way there would have been a lot more redemptions. Usually they start sending the stuff out for on card auto in October so that gives till June when you start seeing them to get them back.

I really don't care to much one way or the other. My biggest grip with the stickers-- and what makes ITG's way better--- is that the stickers are to small from UD and Panini. To many players can't fit their Auto on it.

Also if you are going to use stickers--GET THEM STRAIGHT.

That's a good point. ITG does use good sized stickers.

I just wish players would actually sign their name. That's why players like Tony Esposito, Bobby Orr, and Gordie Howe are some of my favorites. You can read every letter.

The big downside of on card canbe summed on with this example.

I was sitting in Brian Price's office just after the release on Enshrinement. He pulls out a stack of Brett Hull autograph cards for the set that were never released because Mr. Hull never sent them in until after the product was released.

To Brian's credit, no redemptions. Brett Hull missed the set.

But UD or Panini....

You think redemptions are a problem now....? If a player can't get a page of stickers back in time, imagine how long it will take them to tackle that bulky stack of cards.....

All things being equal I would prefer on-card, but in the end, since you didn't actually meet the player, the issue of whether he touched it or not seems fairly irrelevant.

Plus, a lot of times, the on card ones are dinged up because the players weren't careful when handling them.