Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tom Brady 2004 showcase grace ruby patch

Tom Brady 2004 showcase grace ruby patch
Hello,

I just purchased a Tom Brady 2004 showcase grace ruby patch card, The ruby version is Ser #'d to only 14. However I got the card and on the back is the blank square where the stamp should be but it is not. I haven't been able to find any others to see if those are not stamped as well.

Any help would be great.

RE: Tom Brady 2004 showcase grace ruby patch
It could be one of their cards that came out of the vault after Fleer went bankrupt. I won't touch any of them that are not serial numbered. Too many fakes floating around.
Eddie George Super Collector

Yep, that is absolutely a bankruptcy card

(07-22-2013, 05:26 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Yep, that is absolutely a bankruptcy card
Bingo. Those were produced in case a card was damaged - Fleer would replace it with the new cards and stick the patch in it.

Tons of those cards were sold in the bankruptcy and shady folks out there started selling them as the legit items.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Thanks for all the feedback on this issue... The person I bought it off of (EBAY) didn't try to pass it off as the ruby /14 version, they simply put it on as a brady jersey card. I seen it was the ruby version and took a chance it was serial numbered. I got it for a cheap price so I'm not to worried about it. Thanks again

(07-22-2013, 06:58 PM)ugameck Wrote: Bingo. Those were produced in case a card was damaged - Fleer would replace it with the new cards and stick the patch in it.

Tons of those cards were sold in the bankruptcy and shady folks out there started selling them as the legit items.
100% correct. The Fleer bankruptcy definitely littered eBay with semi-fake cards (i.e. non-serial numbered cards that should have serial numbers, sometimes with jersey pieces sometimes without). It is really annoying when the seller knows that they have a card from the bankruptcy sale but tries to play it off as pack pulled.

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/