Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ever have one of those transactions?

here's the scenario:

i put a card up for sale on the bay at $X...it didn't sell. so i took it to my LCS and put it on a buy board there. forgot about it, then started relisting items on the bay. thought i still had the card, so relisted it by accident, but this time with a starting bid of $0.99. at the close of the auction, i went to go and check my stock to get them ready for shipment. item, of course, wasn't there. called my LCS, who checked their inventory and said that it sold last friday. messaged buyer with the explanation and an apology. put in a claim with the bay to cancel the transaction.

buyer refuses to cancel the transaction. and answered the claim with "No, I want the card. Just because the seller did not like the final selling price is not my problem. I want the card at the price I won it at."

i'm willing to admit that i was wrong about relisting it when i didn't have the item. that was my fault and i did apologize about that. i am even going as far as asking if the buyer will accept a replacement card at no cost at all just to appease the buyer. but short of tracking down the person who now has that card, i can't do anything else. and judging by the buyers reaction, he/she probably wants me to do that.

once again, i was wrong, and a i admit that i'm wrong, and i am trying to make amends, but if he/she doesn't accept a replacement card, i guess i'm just going to have to eat it and lose my good standing within the bay.

RE: ever have one of those transactions?
is it a SP? If not, locate another one on ebay, buy it and ship it to the customer. probably well worth a couple bucks to save your reputation?

(07-22-2013, 12:23 PM)joe8787michael Wrote: is it a SP? If not, locate another one on ebay, buy it and ship it to the customer. probably well worth a couple bucks to save your reputation?
That sounds like great advice, if you are able to find another one.
[Image: 4JPZkbH.png]

It was a 1/5...so probably not an option. But thanks for the advice.

Ouch...i've had my share of problems shipping and buying but nothing like that
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

That has happened to me but I was the buyer.
The seller was extremely apologetic and offered another card as a replacement.
I left him positive feedback and all went well.
Accidents happen. Hopefully it works out for you
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

(07-22-2013, 01:54 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: That has happened to me but I was the buyer.
The seller was extremely apologetic and offered another card as a replacement.
I left him positive feedback and all went well.
Accidents happen. Hopefully it works out for you
Bingo. Happened to me too.
I left him/her positive feedback and he did the same for me - he/she offered me a replacement card and i just opted for the money back.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Part of the problem is, the winner hasn't paid for it yet, so I figured, "okay, so if I cancel the transaction, no foul, no harm." Still waiting for a response.

(07-22-2013, 02:06 PM)ugameck Wrote: Bingo. Happened to me too.
I left him/her positive feedback and he did the same for me - he/she offered me a replacement card and i just opted for the money back.

(07-22-2013, 12:23 PM)joe8787michael Wrote: is it a SP? If not, locate another one on ebay, buy it and ship it to the customer. probably well worth a couple bucks to save your reputation?
I did that once right here. I sold a card on 'bay and forgot to take it from my org. It got into a trade without my double-checking. Oops! I quickly "bought it now" for another copy, got it in, mailed it off, and the whole thing happened quickly enough that I gave and received solid feedback all around.

That will never happen again as I now always pull all cards before agreeing to anything. I never rush. Like I tell my students, it is okay to make a mistake once; just don't do it again.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

you don't have alotve good luck with selling cards by the looks of it
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.