`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Some new Packers additions - 7/22

Some new Packers additions - 7/22
Had a really big trade recently, and a Packers Elite case break I was in on recently.

The Elite break I was a bit disappointed in until I realized that the auto was black ink. That helped mitigate the disappointment, though I don't think the value of it balanced out how much I spent on the break....

Anyhow, a Franklin New Breed jersey /399, and a Franklin Inscriptions acetate black ink auto:

Then, I got a number of really cool cards from gocardinals recently! These are just the jersey/auto cards he traded me:

2003 Favre Finite Jerseys, 2003 Starr Leaf Limited Threads, AJ Hawk/Mario Williams dual auto /399:

Alex Green Triple Treads jersey /27, AJ Hawk Exquisite auto /20:

Jordy Nelson, Avery, Hardy Triple Threads jersey 01/22 (I really like this one!):

Hornung rookie reprint Milwaukee stadium relic, Brian Brohm Fabric of the Game jersey, James Jones Topps Performance auto jersey, and a Jordy Nelson Fabric of the Game position jersey:

RE: Some new Packers additions - 7/22
Nice cards! Those box breaks can be great, or they can be BRUTAL! I don't get into football much, but I decided to try my hand at a couple Elite breaks. I paid way too much on the Colts and Falcons (not realizing they didn't have much in them) and pretty much got skunked. I paid a little for the Lions and hit a bunch. That being said, I'll never do a football break again and just stick to baseball.

BTW I can see why you like that Triple Threads. It's awesome!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

nice cards Smile I have only participated in one break so far..not again...lol..unless it is between myself and maybe a few others..not 15-16 others..lol
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

Yeah, I'm almost getting to the point where even though I love hitting good cards in these breaks, I've spent way too much on ones that I didn't get anything, or nothing good (I did a Falcons in that Elite and got one #d parallel and 2 Zoning Commission cards... definitely not worth the low 20 bucks I paid for it Sad )

But, I did get those two nice Franklins and a bunch of Packers Elite base (11 teams sets LOL)

I got a bunch of base cards from the Falcons, and maybe an insert or two. Definitely not worth it. I had the Colts too and got about the same.

With the Lions I hit 3 auto's and a CJ insert. Figures it was the one I paid the least for.

In baseball though, I had the Mariners and Padres last night in Inception and hit 6 or 7 auto's and auto jerseys for the Mariners and a low #'d auto jersey for the Padres Smile It can be good, but most of the time, not so much. They are fun though!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

Honestly I'm considering going the other way with this.. I'm tired of buying box after box where I get "hits" of scrubs from other teams, the occasional stud from another team, and very rarely get a hit of a player or team that I like. (my last two boxes not withstanding, I bought 1 box of 2013 elite and got a turn of the century auto of johnathan franklin and 2012 prizm and got a casey hayward auto)... but even then, those are not super valuable cards that I paid 100-120 on a box for.

Would much rather pay 50 bucks and get all the cards for my favorite team from 10-15 boxes than pay 100-120 dollars and get all the cards from 1 box. Just my opinion
Always in the market to grow my PCs of: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Dirk Nowitzki. If I have something you like I'll always be willing to trade even for those guys! Send me a message!

Would you sell that franklin?

Nice Jordy Nelson Triple Threads! Sick patches on that card
[Image: 4JPZkbH.png]

(07-22-2013, 06:07 PM)joe8787michael Wrote: Would you sell that franklin?
sorry, man, big green bay collector here! I've only got 3 Franklin autos at the moment, and that by far is the best of them