`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search THIS right here, pack searchers!

Search THIS right here, pack searchers!
I have a Target about a mile from my house.

Naturally, I end up going there quite a bit, and tend to stop by the card aisle every now and then.

The other day, out of four packs from a retail box of Topps Series 2, I pulled this ...

[Image: Harper1_zps789fe62e.jpg]

Then about two days later, I found myself in Target again, and grabbed four more packs. And pulled this ...

[Image: Harper2_zpsa0ab347f.jpg]

Sunglasses short print!

Not bad for eight loose packs ... guess the pack molesters/fondlers don't have X-ray vision!

RE: Search THIS right here, pack searchers!
trade you the harper for the trout sunglasses if you were still looking for it
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(07-18-2013, 09:58 PM)phreakyq Wrote: trade you the harper for the trout sunglasses if you were still looking for it
Oooooohhhh man that is a spicy offer.

I actually have the Trout Series 1 SP (the catch at the fence) that I traded for on this site, and kind of feel like I'm in good cosmic balance by pulling the Harper in Series 2, as I PC both guys.

But let me think about it.

Maybe I'll PM you a couple of scans of other Harpers I have that you would be willing to deal the Trout for. Gimme a couple of minutes. Thanks! RJ

Nice pulls, RJ!
Way to single-handedly screw over the pack searcher community!
That's one small step for man, 2 less guaranteed hot packs on eBay Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

NICE! i rarely ever buy single packs when im at target or walmart never had any luck just stick to blasters.
Maybe I'll start with a couple loose packs instead, would save money too!

(07-19-2013, 05:51 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nice pulls, RJ!
Way to single-handedly screw over the pack searcher community!
That's one small step for man, 2 less guaranteed hot packs on eBay Smile
Thank you ... I hate pack searchers, and just knowing they're not getting those two Harpers is almost as good as knowing they're in my PC now!

Also, I think you're being too generous calling it a pack-searching "community" ... I think it's more like a maggot-infested cesspool that they all come from.

HAS to be to hate yourself that much!

(07-19-2013, 07:26 AM)rentzington Wrote: NICE! i rarely ever buy single packs when im at target or walmart never had any luck just stick to blasters.
Maybe I'll start with a couple loose packs instead, would save money too!
Yeah, as far as I can tell, our resident searcher with beedy eyes and scars all over his face and head hasn't gotten to these packs yet.

I can always tell because when I open them, they're fanned out vertically inside the pack ... I'm like, oh, because an auto feels SO much different than a regular card in that glorious 1/8th of an inch space you can molest them in ... plus, usually the top and back card have FREE fingernail indentations in them!

(Believe me, by and large I stay away from the loose ones, unless I'm just looking for certain base cards.)

The King of Retail strikes again! Awesome man & congrats! I actually like the retail boxes if available over regular hobby boxes (colored boarder & usually at least one sp card) as I'm not a relic person and getting an auto is a crap-shoot anyway.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-19-2013, 06:44 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: The King of Retail strikes again! Awesome man & congrats! I actually like the retail boxes if available over regular hobby boxes (colored boarder & usually at least one sp card) as I'm not a relic person and getting an auto is a crap-shoot anyway.
Thanks Joe ... I only break out "The Retail King" ID for the really big stuff, but it's like Will Farrell said in Talladega Nights ...

"When I wake up in the morning, I p-ss excellence!" LOL

(Either that or I buy way too many freaking cards.)

But in this case, yes, not bad for eight packs.

I've especially enjoyed base Topps stuff the last couple of years with all the new Trouts and Harpers and what not ... the Bryce sunglasses was my biggest pull personally.

Well, that and about two months ago, I was in Rite-Aid (do they have those back there?), and there were these random packs of 2012 Topps Update that had been sitting there forever.

They were kind of weird because they only had 12 cards in them like a regular pack, but were on pegs like a rack pack would be. Plus, they were $2.49, so they were overpriced, so I never really touched them.

But one day out of curiosity and boredom (always a potent combination when contemplating buying cards), I decided to clean them out ... all 14 packs.

In like the fifth pack I got a gold Miguel Cabrera All-Star card/2012 ... and whenever I had pulled the base Cabrera All-Star card, it always came right before the Harper RC where he's running to first (#183, I believe).

So I was like, are they still gonna give me a Bryce after this Cabrera?

The next card — Bryce Harper "suit" All-Star SP!

I couldn't believe it ... out of 14 dusty, very unappealing looking random packs.

I'll have to bring it to the office and scan it in. It's worth its own thread, LOL.

LOL...yea we have Rite Aid but at "mine" you have to ask the manager for them to get the cards stocked.....if nobody asks, the racks stay empty. They now have some 2013 Series 1 they just got in...but, I'm on a self impossed July no buying diet. Can still afford to buy...just wanted to see if I could go a month without buying (yes I am going crazy but only 13 more days to go!).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-19-2013, 07:05 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: LOL...yea we have Rite Aid but at "mine" you have to ask the manager for them to get the cards stocked.....if nobody asks, the racks stay empty. They now have some 2013 Series 1 they just got in...but, I'm on a self impossed July no buying diet. Can still afford to buy...just wanted to see if I could go a month without buying (yes I am going crazy but only 13 more days to go!).
I once went on a 32-day hiatus from buying. It actually felt really good, I wasn't as stressed out, little things didn't seem to bother me as much. Hmmmm, maybe I should try that again.