Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need Help...What is this?

Need Help...What is this?
Picked this up at a swap meet...any help is appreciated
 photo IMG_0268.jpg
 photo IMG_0269.jpg
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards

RE: Need Help...What is this?
From the days of Pogs, I'd assume! Depending on your age, either way before your time or you were too old to care at the time.
Size reference would be helpful ... If about half dollar size, it's probably a Pog!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

an unlicensed product that hold little to no value

It is a pog (also known as a milk cap) as someone already mentioned. This particular one was issued as part of a sheet of pogs, where you could break out each one to use. Here is a picture of the sheet. The interesting part is it says "Licensed" but it doesn't say who licensed it. Considering there are no team names or logos, the company may have freely used the word "licensed" to make themselves look more legit at the time.
[Image: !B7VtEV!EWk~%24(KGrHqQOKiIEy(I,7K6MBMz3(j4i7!~~_3.JPG]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Cool Nolan Ryan item!! I concur with what others have said!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Thanks for all of the help
[Image: Untitled-1copy.jpg]
Derek Jeter Card Count: 3,981 Total Cards, 1,998 Unique Cards and 332 Graded Cards. I Will trade anything I have for any Derek Jeter cards