`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$175. You tell me.

$175. You tell me.
hey guys, its sunday and im working. that being said, time and a half is glorious. pay the cell phone, put something in the bank and still have a couple hundred left over that i didnt expect, so what should i do? yup, bust some packs open. that being said i already deposited $100 bucks on 2 boxes of bowman platinum for a couple weeks from now but i might as well get something else in the meantime. ...no more inception though, havent done real well with it. did pull a buxton though, but still its not worth the 130 to me.

anyway, if you had $175 right this second what would you buy? i tried to buy some topps pro debut and go puig hunting but cant seem to find any websites with it in stock right now.

it doesnt have to be one box, doesnt have to be 2. value being the deciding factor what should i spend this $175.

...then again im considering buying so pc stuff. decisions decisions.
I collect mainly New York Mets, New York Sports legends of any sport, and pretty much any "legend".

Michael Jordan
Lebron James RC's + autos
Kobe Bryant 96-97 Topps Chrome + autos
Geno Smith autos

RE: $175. You tell me.
I'd buy a box of Heritage and a bunch of singles on the bay.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Buy a box of Bowman Inception, never open it and sell it for a few hundred dollars in a couple years.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(07-14-2013, 01:29 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Buy a box of Bowman Inception, never open it and sell it for a few hundred dollars in a couple years.
what makes you think itll be so valuable? buxton or puig?

i think neither of them get 1500 hits or 100 homers in their careers, you heard it here!

(07-14-2013, 01:29 PM)Haze28 Wrote: I'd buy a box of Heritage and a bunch of singles on the bay.
this being the most likely scenario, gotta get my syndergaards going before he wins the cy young next year =P
I collect mainly New York Mets, New York Sports legends of any sport, and pretty much any "legend".

Michael Jordan
Geno Smith autos

i'd go with a box of 2013 bowman jumbos...three autographs...always a gamble, but the color refractors are always good.

2013 bowman jumbo

(07-14-2013, 03:52 PM)kstjst Wrote: i'd go with a box of 2013 bowman jumbos...three autographs...always a gamble, but the color refractors are always good.
cheapest I could find is 150 though, its a big gamble. any boxes come to mind that have good value in the 60-120 range? I was thinking I better start my syndegaard pc before he jumps up next season. the kids gonna win 20 games in 2015
update: just ordered 2 boxes of topps debut, going puig hunting, got 2 boxes for 141.85 shipped. ill post results later this week when it comes in. wish me luck! give me some puigs!

Michael Jordan
Geno Smith autos

I'd say put your money down on some topps chrome!!!!!!

You could probably get 2 boxes of A&G ... They just announced Puig autos will be in there as well!
Otherwise, maybe wait on Topps Update. His Topps rookie card will be in there! Either one will be a long wait, though.
For more immediate satisfaction, go to eBay and make random $175 offers to Puig redemption cards! Maybe someone will be desperate for $$$ and they don't feel like waiting 2 years for their card. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

hmmm this is actually kinda a no brainer.
2012 Bowman Draft or Regular Bowman. Id go jumbo on draft. Trust me ive seen enough of it opened to know whats in it. Get a good box double your money or have some killer cards. or get 3 bums. (at least current bums) Regular bowman, Harper, Tavares, Cole. Several good chances there. Or just go buy a few singles. Any or either would be recommended by me, XD
www.northerncards.net
Bowman Set Collector
Blue Jays Guy
Supercollecting Jorge Saez and Jose Berrios