`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail share for my fellow Tigers Fans

Mail share for my fellow Tigers Fans
Ok this is really nothing special but when I saw it yesterday on Ebay I had to pick it up. It's an uncut sheet of 1987 Coca Cola Detroit Tigers Cards. Luckily they shipped it right out so I got it earlier today. I'm planning on framing it and hanging it up on my wall. Sorry for the picture not being the greatest. It won't fit in my scanner so I used my phone lol.

photo 20130713_222047-1_zpse6aa2693.jpg

1987 was the year that I pretty much started collecting and the first time I can remember watching the Tigers games with my dad. I would sit in front of the Tv while the game was on with my cards laid out just like the positions on the field showing who was playing so I could keep track of who was out there and who we were playing against.

RE: Mail share for my fellow Tigers Fans
That is really cool. I love older Tigers stuff.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the share. I remember waiting for Sunday afternoons with George Kell and Al Kaline. 1987 was a great year with the pennant race against the Blue Jays.

(07-14-2013, 11:53 AM)smlabean Wrote: Thanks for the share. I remember waiting for Sunday afternoons with George Kell and Al Kaline. 1987 was a great year with the pennant race against the Blue Jays.
"We have a late arriving crowd here tonight in...." George Kell must have said that every other broadcast. Looking back I can't believe that we used to get 2-4 over the air, non-cable, games a week. And on a network affiliate no less. Does anyone have any idea when channel 4 stopped broadcasting games? I seem to remember games going over to channel 50 or even 20 for a time and then gone (Ok for those that did not grow up or live in the Detroit area 35-25 years ago aplogies as I know you have no idea what I'm talking about).

As for those cards, awesome, I just recently had the full set myself, but there was some....unpleasantness and now they are unfortunately no longer with us [IMGhttp://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif[/IMG]
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Love it. Have this set myself, although not in an uncut sheet. Moved to California from Lansing in 1982, but been a Tigers fan my entire life. Live in KC now. I was a high school freshman when the Tigers came back and beat the Blue Jays to win the division in the fall of 1987. I remember arguing with classmates over whether Detroit would play the Giants or Cardinals in the World Series. Oh, well.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.