`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone else disappointed?

RE: Anyone else disappointed?
Well, I'm a USC grad/fan/collector ... pulled both of these in the last couple of months:

[Image: MattyTrojanAuto_zps37378aa5.jpg]

[Image: BarkleyEagles_zpsaf11f0c2.jpg]

Granted, I'm biased, LOL, but I can see this scenario playing out: Vick and Foles split reps in the preseason ... Eagles trade Foles to a Jacksonville, Cleveland, etc., right before the start of the season ... Vick starts season as No. 1, then gets injured in Week 5 or 6 ... and then the Barkley era begins.

I'm telling you, I watched him play for four years ... he's a very, very good QB, and basically got punished for USC's underwhelming season this past year.

I told anyone and everyone who would listen that when LT Matt Kalil went into the NFL Draft last spring instead of coming back for his senior year, it was going to have a major impact on USC last season ... and then when Khaled Holmes (starting C) got hurt early in the season, Barkley had to make all of the line calls in addition to playing behind a patchwork line.

Every time I see Barkley, I think Drew Brees:

"Too short?" = Yep

"Questionable arm strength?" = Allegedly

"Leadership and smarts off the charts?" = Absolutely

Short story long, LOL, this is my guy this year.

Its way too early to tell. This time last year it was almost the same thing. Only players people were looking for last year was luck, griffin, and richardson. Then the season started and we found out about wilson, martin, and other guys like tannehill and osweiler. I imagine the same will happen this year just like every year.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(07-12-2013, 08:26 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Its way too early to tell. This time last year it was almost the same thing. Only players people were looking for last year was luck, griffin, and richardson. Then the season started and we found out about wilson, martin, and other guys like tannehill and osweiler. I imagine the same will happen this year just like every year.
Yep, someone always breaks out.

You would appreciate this ... I busted a 24-pack retail box of Bowman ... pulled a Marcus Lattimore Chrome on card auto!

Man, I hope he rehabs his butt off this year ... that guy could be the steal of the draft.

Foles isn't going any where Wink I'm 95% certain he starts for the Eagles this season. Vick is out.

(07-12-2013, 06:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Well, I'm a USC grad/fan/collector ... pulled both of these in the last couple of months:

[Image: BarkleyEagles_zpsaf11f0c2.jpg]

Granted, I'm biased, LOL, but I can see this scenario playing out: Vick and Foles split reps in the preseason ... Eagles trade Foles to a Jacksonville, Cleveland, etc., right before the start of the season ... Vick starts season as No. 1, then gets injured in Week 5 or 6 ... and then the Barkley era begins.

I'm telling you, I watched him play for four years ... he's a very, very good QB, and basically got punished for USC's underwhelming season this past year.

I told anyone and everyone who would listen that when LT Matt Kalil went into the NFL Draft last spring instead of coming back for his senior year, it was going to have a major impact on USC last season ... and then when Khaled Holmes (starting C) got hurt early in the season, Barkley had to make all of the line calls in addition to playing behind a patchwork line.

Every time I see Barkley, I think Drew Brees:

"Too short?" = Yep

"Questionable arm strength?" = Allegedly

"Leadership and smarts off the charts?" = Absolutely

Short story long, LOL, this is my guy this year.
Eddie George Super Collector

(07-12-2013, 10:26 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: Foles isn't going any where Wink I'm 95% certain he starts for the Eagles this season. Vick is out.
I KNEW you were going to see this and post, LOL.

Well, we both agree, Vick won't be starting.

But I ask you this (in fun, keep in mind) ... why would Chip Kelly (specifically, think about this), as the coach at Oregon who has competed against both of them in the Pac-12 — knowing he already has Foles on the roster — trade up to get Barkley?

It tells me he doesn't have full faith in Foles ... I would look at this differently if they hadn't traded up and Barkley had just fallen to them, then it would probably just be a "best player available" thing.

I honestly think some team is going to panic and pick Foles up before the season starts.

But hey ... I've been wrong millions of times, wouldn't be the first time, LOL.

(07-12-2013, 08:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, someone always breaks out.

You would appreciate this ... I busted a 24-pack retail box of Bowman ... pulled a Marcus Lattimore Chrome on card auto!

Man, I hope he rehabs his butt off this year ... that guy could be the steal of the draft.
yeah he really could be! although i dont think their going to push him this year as they really dont need to having gore, hunter, and james still. but the year after this year is when i could see him and gore splitting time. gore really likes him and they had similar injuries with their knees so hopefully lattimore is willing to learn.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(07-12-2013, 11:15 PM)nthnoak Wrote: yeah he really could be! although i dont think their going to push him this year as they really dont need to having gore, hunter, and james still. but the year after this year is when i could see him and gore splitting time. gore really likes him and they had similar injuries with their knees so hopefully lattimore is willing to learn.
Yeah man, when I pulled the Chrome auto I was like, yep, just going to tuck this on away for a while.

Speaking of, before I pulled that one I bought a SAGE auto online that I don't really need anymore if you'd like to pick it up.

Nobody have any Beast love for Jarvis Jones? The best LB in the freaking draft?? Steeler fans?
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I kinda like the fact that this a year for "speculating" and taking "shots in the dark".

Also, there seems to be little question in Buffalo that EJ will be starting at some point this season...
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

ive collcted some rookie autograph "set" ever since 2009 and ive honestly thought about not doing it this year.. or even going a "prime" patch route instead.. I don't know!

I mean last year I bought a few things here and there and traded a lot off.. but right now is time to strike because of the "unknown" part of who is who of the draft. Last year I picked up a Wilson 1/1 on-card auto for 49.99 BIN.. what a steal right?
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.