`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LTTF: '77 Thurman Munson to take its rightful place!

LTTF: '77 Thurman Munson to take its rightful place!
Just recently got the '72, now all I need is the '77 to have a complete set of Topps issues for all of the active playing years of one of the greatest catchers of all-time and my 2nd favorite Yankee, next to Mattingly of course. Thanks for any help.

photo 8d2a0273-1239-4fc7-b793-bdd8dbc2c289.jpg

RE: LTTF: '77 Thurman Munson to take its rightful place!
Sweet! I love the old stuff where there were not 1,000,000 diff cards of a player. GL
[Image: OKimtze.png]

Ha, yeah I know. That's why I love collecting the handful of vintage guys from the 60's and 70's I collect, cause you know you only have to look for one brand, one card for just one year at least to me Topps is the only one that counts. Makes the search just a little easier and less expensive, only thing diffucult is finding them in NM/MT condition.

(07-11-2013, 05:10 PM)bigdaddyq Wrote: Ha, yeah I know. That's why I love collecting the handful of vintage guys from the 60's and 70's I collect, cause you know you only have to look for one brand, one card for just one year at least to me Topps is the only one that counts. Makes the search just a little easier and less expensive, only thing diffucult is finding them in NM/MT condition.

Mattingly is my favorite also, only baseball player that I collect. I have been thinking over the past few months of collecting Munson also.

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(07-11-2013, 05:16 PM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: Mattingly is my favorite also, only baseball player that I collect. I have been thinking over the past few months of collecting Munson also.

Jerry
I say go for it Jerry! You need more than one baseball player to collect.

[Image: OKimtze.png]

I just wonder how difficult is to actual trade for him, I have a hard time trading for Roger Staubach and Mike Bossy as it is. I will put some serious thought into this.

Jerry

I would say its not that difficult even though I've never kept any Munson that I've traded for from this site cause they just weren't in the condition I was hoping for. I've traded or bought my Munson collection through my LCS or Card Show which is what I usually do with most of my vintage cause I like to know what I'm getting in person when it comes to vintage. The Rookie and the '71 are the toughest to get, and the '71 is the hardest to find in good condition which I think is why its book for more than his rookie does. When you get those the rest should be a breeze cause they book for $15-$3 and he only has 10 Topps issued cards.

(07-11-2013, 05:43 PM)bigdaddyq Wrote: I would say its not that difficult even though I've never kept any Munson that I've traded for from this site cause they just weren't in the condition I was hoping for. I've traded or bought my Munson collection through my LCS or Card Show which is what I usually do with most of my vintage cause I like to know what I'm getting in person when it comes to vintage. The Rookie and the '71 are the toughest to get, and the '71 is the hardest to find in good condition which I think is why its book for more than his rookie does. When you get those the rest should be a breeze cause they book for $15-$3 and he only has 10 Topps issued cards.
Thank you for the great info, I think that this has helped me make up my mind Smile

Jerry

Weekend Bump

oh captain my captain.... named my dog Thurman....
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...