`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Box Inception disappointment

RE: 2 Box Inception disappointment
(07-12-2013, 06:57 PM)smlabean Wrote: I broke 2 boxes and was disappointed too. I got 3 redemptions and two of them were for the same guy. 1 card was damaged and rest are not even worth talking about.
2 boxes and 3 redemptions? That's insane. You pull any Cardinals?

interested in the DIDI and Austin...
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

(07-15-2013, 10:12 AM)mjanooz Wrote: interested in the DIDI and Austin...
As soon as pricing comes out or if you have any Cardinal autos you'd be interested in trading.

(07-10-2013, 10:39 PM)Neifert Wrote: I need to stick with my rule. Take what you are gonna be spending on boxes and buy some cool singles. Wish I didn't feel like I had to open wax.
Thanks!
I learned from your mistake. I took $120 and bought a bunch of singles ... about 17 I think. Better than a box. Will post them when I get them.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-15-2013, 11:34 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
I learned from your mistake. I took $120 and bought a bunch of singles ... about 17 I think. Better than a box. Will post them when I get them.
You're so smart! I just hope I can do that from here on out.

(07-15-2013, 11:42 AM)Neifert Wrote: You're so smart! I just hope I can do that from here on out.
Not so smart ... still buying retail blasters Smile
But after seeing your disappointing boxes and that less than spectacular 8 case break by our forum-mate ... I decided to go fishing on eBay, instead.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

For less than a cost of a box I've bought all the cardinals except for the Martinez and still have about $30 before I hit the price of presell prices. What they are now I could pick up a few more but money has dried up this month.