`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMC Hangs Themselves

RE: COMC Hangs Themselves
(07-11-2013, 10:26 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: There is no mandatory purchase required, and all sellers still get the book values in their inventory manager in order to price their cards. For the seller nothing changed or was taken away from them.
Thanks. I'm totaly confused at this point (I don't use COMC) so I'll just shut up (LOL).

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I just read the COMC post and this. You have/had a right to be upset. Most people were. If you pay for OPG already your not worried or upset it if you don't, your ticked. That's the bottom line. COMC didn't do this by choice IMO. Its a forced hand. They will figure it out. Those guys are genuis when it comes to this market. Beckett could learn from them and make this the best site ever again. Too bad they won't.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(07-11-2013, 12:35 PM)kstjst Wrote: I know I said I wouldn't post again on this...

but thank you for the comment Phillies_Joe, and though I know I'm not the only one that it seems the original comment was directed at, I'm still a little irked. I may be too touchy on the subject, but since the other comment (which is still there) came right after mine (which I deleted), I took offense. Passion is one thing, to call people "ignorant" when trying to justify something or get people to understand your point is just rude.
I edited my comment. I apologize if it seemed I was coming after you, I was trying to address everyone. I used the word "ignorant" because I felt I had made my case several times in this thread but people were being "ignorant" to what I was saying. Not a good choice of words on my part. Please accept my apologies for the rude comment.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Thanks cross4444...I do feel your passion and better understand what your initial rant was about after reading through most of the comments a second time (the first time around it kind of got skewed due to everyone misunderstanding the situation). And this is why I like to read the posts that are on this site, to get more perspective on things. Good luck in your dealing with that site.

(07-11-2013, 01:12 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I edited my comment. I apologize if it seemed I was coming after you, I was trying to address everyone. I used the word "ignorant" because I felt I had made my case several times in this thread but people were being "ignorant" to what I was saying. Not a good choice of words on my part. Please accept my apologies for the rude comment.

I don't see how you can get mad at COMC for this. Beckett was giving them pricing for free and now they are not. People will still buy cards there. I doubt this will detour buyers.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1