`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think my card money may be gone now.

I think my card money may be gone now.
To all you married guys out there. How much can I expect my monthly card money to be gone now that I popped the question? Lol

RE: I think my card money may be gone now.
$0-$10 lol Congrats!
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

Honestly, marriage is an awesome thing. It will put "collecting" into an entirely new perspective for you. You also realize you need to be smart with the items you actually buy. Will they appreciate? Are they solid investments? I mean, it's one thing to buy a single or two a month for $10 (I just bought another PSA Travis Lee International Refractor, yes!) but buying boxes, cases, etc. and not being smart ... that's a horrible idea and something that certainly will lead to unneeded stress in a relationship.

Hit me up if you want to chat bro, real talk. This stuff here is great, but it is nothing more than a simple pleasure with no bonding nature.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Depends on who you ask. Some people buy cases to get that "special" hit.. Others will just buy what they want or a few here and there. Me personally, I limit myself to about $20 a month or so and will only complete 1 set a year topps..Otherwise i'd be divorced, broke, lonely and probably running around the streets biting tires.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(07-08-2013, 09:01 PM)muz0 Wrote: Depends on who you ask. Some people buy cases to get that "special" hit.. Others will just buy what they want or a few here and there. Me personally, I limit myself to about $20 a month or so and will only complete 1 set a year topps..Otherwise i'd be divorced, broke, lonely and probably running around the streets biting tires.
Amen, no piece of cardboard is worth that headache.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

My wife just spent $350 at Ulta buying make up, shampoo, brushes, etc...

We have a standing agreement, I work and allow her to not work. Sure we get in the occasional pickle when too many things fall into place at one time, but she's allowed her leisure that I don't "get" and I'm allowed my leisure that she doesn't "get." And since she's a sports fan she gets cards a little more than I get make-up.

Only drop off is when adult responsibility takes over the checkbook.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

My spending budget actually went up when I got married. haha

First...congrats and here is wishing you both the best. Focus is the key. What am I doing in this hobby...collecting , selling or both? If collecting, what will I collect? Then set yourself a limit for dollars you will spend each week. Whatever you decide, stick to that and always remember....this sb one of the lowest budget items in hierarchy that you have.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Yeah, it really should be low on the totem pole of life.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(07-08-2013, 09:06 PM)y2hood Wrote: she gets cards a little more than I get make-up.
lol. I had to read that sentence a couple times before it finally made sense. Big Grin