`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for info-10-11 Upper Deck French

Looking for info-10-11 Upper Deck French
So I was very, VERY bored last night and picked up 2 boxes of 10-11 upper deck french, got 12 YGs out of it and a couple of #/25 red cards, Tom Gilbert/EDM and Steve Downie/TB, no real great hits but Im curious about these "buyback" cards? Cant find a value or a print run on Beckett or almost anywhere. Anyone know anything about them? Value or print run info? Thanks

YGs from the break-

201 Cam Fowler
205 Jordan Caron
207 Jeff Penner
213 Jamie McBain
225 Jake Muzzin
228 Clayton Stoner
233 Matt Martin
235 Matt Taormina
236 Alexander Urbom
238 Derek Stepan
239 Jared Cowan
245 Dana Tyrell

RE: Looking for info-10-11 Upper Deck French
UD never released a print run of the buybacks. The consensus was that there were 30 of each, and 400 in the set. Witch included all the big names/cards from the past. With of course the foil stamp. No Bv prices that I have ever seen, due to scarcity. I do see these sell on the bay. But like all cards given a BV or not, is only worth what someone would pay for them. They have a Roy paint card that might sell for $20, and compare that to a $1 Madano UD Rc buyback.
Hope this helps:
~cheerz~
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]

(07-07-2013, 09:27 PM)franklinx Wrote: UD never released a print run of the buybacks. The consensus was that there were 30 of each, and 400 in the set. Witch included all the big names/cards from the past. With of course the foil stamp. No Bv prices that I have ever seen, due to scarcity. I do see these sell on the bay. But like all cards given a BV or not, is only worth what someone would pay for them. They have a Roy paint card that might sell for $20, and compare that to a $1 Madano UD Rc buyback.
Hope this helps:
~cheerz~
Ok thanks, thats kinda what Im figuring too. Trying to find info hasnt been easy on those cards. Seen them on Ebay going from $2 to $15

I realize Beckett is slow on getting prices on certain stuff saying that it is too scarce or not traded enough, but that cannot be the case because if you watch when a new year pops up and new cards hit the market they have pricing very quickly so how do they come up with these prices so quickly? and as far as the buybacks if they are run out of 30 that should not be that scarce..look through the prices of item with print runs way less than 30 and there is pricing for them??? also if we were to price all our cards based on what they sell for on ebay most peoples collection would be merely worthless...??? anyone elses opinion??
Canucks fan for life

Do you think them being french has anything to do with it? Is Beckett boycotting the frenchies??!!

How do they come up with these prices so quickly?
- This has been debated online, in casual convo's between collectors, and people just scratching there heads as to how a card could be givin a bv so high. And yet sells so low. So how do they come up with these numbers?
Well lets talk about Rc's. The commons are the easy one's. Lets say 2012/13 Upper Deck YG's. They have 6 Yg's per hobby box, the box sells for about $50. So you would divide 50 by 6 and get the $8 common YG Bv. This is interesting as it brings up the question of --> Is Beckett creating these particular Bv's or is Upper Deck?
Now the Star Yg's....?.... Like you asked, how could they come up with a BV so fast, as selling info could not have been present long enough to make that call? Well its easy, especially these days. Beckett has been giving Bv's on new draft picks for many years. Bottom line is they have to start somewhere. Lets call it a logical guess. They consider not only the players stats before entering the NHL (in this case) and there draft pick location. But what team acquired them, players position. And additional info like a substantial Salary etc. And compare them to past players of the same category. They then of course correct the Bv's as time goes on. The best thing to remember, especially for a new product. Is that Beckett is a guide, not the card Bible.
About buybacks... Not all buyback sets are let out in 1 year. They can use these in later years as well. Making it a bit harder to put a price on.
Do you think them being french has anything to do with it? Is Beckett boycotting the frenchies??!!
-LoL--- The french version actually Bv's more then the english version. But for no other reason then the fact that they only produced 499 cases of them.... 499 cases = about 750 of each Yg
Well I'm done rambling.
~cheerz~
Fx
[Image: coollogo_com-27107460_zps7a545244.gif]
[Image: d27e1c78-63c2-44e0-8315-da67d5fa420c_zps10136b00.jpg]