`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA 10 or BGS 9.5?

PSA 10 or BGS 9.5?
So I wanted to raise this question to you guys and gals about graded cards.

There is a certain card I've been looking at for years and now there is both a PSA 10 and a BGS 9.5 available right now. The PSA 10 is over $800 with time to go, and the 9.5 is $499 BIN.

My question is what do you prefer the 9.5 or the 10? They're both listed as GEM Mint, so why would one be so much more than the other?

When I stopped collecting BGS was the cat's pajamas and a 9.5 was golden! Did something change in the world of graded cards?

The card I'm looking at has sub grades of 9.5, 9.5, 9.5 , 9.

[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: PSA 10 or BGS 9.5?
It depends on the type of card for me

high PSA grades can bring in crazy prices b/c of the set registry nuts (sounds like the situation you described with the PSA 10 over $800)
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

i dont care which one sells higher: bgs cases are better. i like the thickness of them. theyre more secure
also: subgrades

I prefer the look of the BGS casing as well. Gold bars look very nice. If you had a poll going I'd vote BGS..lol
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I'm thinking I might nab the 9.5 up. There was a time when a 9.5 would come up and it would sell for over $1,000. The guy has listed it 3 times starting at $599 and dropping it $50 each time.

Also what does the set registry nut mean?

Heres my take on any kind of grading, IMO pick up the non-slabed version and hold.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1539810.html

Interesting discussion - let's keep this going, please. I'm curious as I have most modern as PSA and pre-war as SGC. Keep the convo alive.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

I like both PSA & BGS slabs. They both look nice and add another dimension to any collection. Like anything else, grading is not perfect as it is subjective. Both companies will make mistakes and upset people and some people will hate graded cards. The reality is they are good to have around in an industry where people trim, color, and counterfeit cards. Just buy the one you feel is the best for your collection. You cannot go wrong with either.

(07-08-2013, 10:09 AM)nol84kc Wrote: I like both PSA & BGS slabs. They both look nice and add another dimension to any collection. Like anything else, grading is not perfect as it is subjective. Both companies will make mistakes and upset people and some people will hate graded cards. The reality is they are good to have around in an industry where people trim, color, and counterfeit cards. Just buy the one you feel is the best for your collection. You cannot go wrong with either.
See, this is what gets me. I did a zoom view on the PSA 10 and the edges look like the typical edges that these cards are famous for. The 9.5 edges look perfect.

This set is COMPLETELY condition sensitive and having a solid copy would be awesome, however, that's a lot of money to be tossing around.

Buy the card not the case. If you feel the 9.5 looks better then buy that one. I like to buy at card shows to actually see what the card looks like in the case. I have seen 2000 tom brady contenders 9.5 with white chipping all over the back while a psa 10 is virtually flawless.....