`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Two identical one of ones?

Two identical one of ones?
So I was on eBay yesterday browsing for Vince Lombardi cards when I ran across a 1/1 2011 topps triple threads cut signiture. It was buy it now for $1,500 and I thought that was odd because I had the same card in my watch list for $3,000. I quickly compared the two and saw that they were completely identical except for the autograph. Both sellers claim that they own the true one of one. Has anyone else seen this?

Here's the links.

http://bit.ly/1bcaUYZ

http://bit.ly/12LdnSj
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

RE: Two identical one of ones?
they are different cards in the opg they have several listed one of ones ask the sellers if the card numbers on the back are different i bet they are
follow up i just checked the back myself they are different card numbers so they are both real 1 of 1 from 2011 triple threads lombardi autos
[Image: jonathancard.png]

(07-05-2013, 10:08 AM)jonathancard Wrote: they are different cards in the opg they have several listed one of ones ask the sellers if the card numbers on the back are different i bet they are
follow up i just checked the back myself they are different card numbers so they are both real 1 of 1 from 2011 triple threads lombardi autos
Thanks. I guess topps didnt feel like numbering the card to seven.

I was expecting to see some 1998 Score "One of Ones" on here. So to answer the final question, yes I have seen multiple one of ones. A new scary trend as well is sellers buying superfractor sheets and cutting them up to sell (unstamped).

(07-05-2013, 11:41 AM)krayzie83 Wrote: I was expecting to see some 1998 Score "One of Ones" on here. So to answer the final question, yes I have seen multiple one of ones. A new scary trend as well is sellers buying superfractor sheets and cutting them up to sell (unstamped).
That is pretty scary. It may be a help to people trying to complete a rainbow though.

And that's why Triple Threads and 1/1's are pretty meaningless.. They might as well label every card in the product a 1 of 1. I used to buy TTT a lot but after getting burnt with so many 1/1's and "white whales" in 2008, I was done with it.

Topps singlehandedly devalues 1 of 1's.

Are they serial numbered? I couldn't tell on one of them, but the one with the scan of the back doesn't look to have a serial number.

But I have seen a lot of duplicate serial numbered cards out there. I had an Andre Dawson white whale 1/1 for sale, then I also noticed that someone else had another Andre Dawson white whale 1/1 for sale from the same set.

(07-05-2013, 02:19 PM)kstjst Wrote: Are they serial numbered? I couldn't tell on one of them, but the one with the scan of the back doesn't look to have a serial number.

But I have seen a lot of duplicate serial numbered cards out there. I had an Andre Dawson white whale 1/1 for sale, then I also noticed that someone else had another Andre Dawson white whale 1/1 for sale from the same set.
According to Jonathancard, Topps made 7 seperate one of ones. But I don't see a numbering on any of them either.

One is numbered TTCAA-5 and one is TTCAA-7
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(07-05-2013, 01:43 PM)melcmd Wrote: And that's why Triple Threads and 1/1's are pretty meaningless.. They might as well label every card in the product a 1 of 1. I used to buy TTT a lot but after getting burnt with so many 1/1's and "white whales" in 2008, I was done with it.

Topps singlehandedly devalues 1 of 1's.
Just like Topps unique in 09. They had 1/1/7 in laundry tags and Shields and I believe some 1/1/5 in size tags. I think I counted the different 1/1s for Tyson Jackson once and there were 17-19 but only really three designs.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641