`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
what is difference between 96 litho proof and litho proof certified

what is difference between 96 litho proof and litho proof certified
i am a Napoleon Kaufman collector and I am still looking for his 96 litho cel proof certified card. (i think?) The proof is numbered to 360 but I have no idea what the proof certified looks like. I havent even seen one for any player. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

RE: what is difference between 96 litho proof and litho proof certified
the litho is numbered to 360, the certified isnt numbered.

however, as the set page says:
Randomly inserted in packs at a rate of one in 481, this 36-card set is a rare parallel version of the regular Litho-Proof set and is similar in design. The difference can be found in the large Pacific Collection logo stamped over the Litho-Proof logo on the front of the card.

http://www.beckett.com/football/1996/pac...certified/

I will also add that I have my suspicions that these parallels do not even exist in the first place. I could be wrong about that, but I have never seen one of these anywhere. It could also be that these parallels are even rarer than what Beckett states, perhaps closer to a 1/1.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

There are 3 proofs on the bay right now for sale... sorry no Kaufmans though.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

Here's the Litho Proof:
[Image: George96PacificLithoCelproof-1.jpg]

My Father has the the other one in Emmitt Need to get a pick of it
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

HToutlaw confirmed it for me a while back.

I believe that the print run is 20 - that's what I listed on my OLD, OLD, OLD wantlist.

Here is a close up picture of the "CLEAR EMBOSSED PACIFIC LOGO" - it certainly DOES NOT scan well. Hope this helps.

[Image: P1380507_zpsab109b1f.jpg]
[Image: P1380501_zpsc96d8944.jpg]
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(07-05-2013, 01:29 AM)jaderock Wrote: HToutlaw confirmed it for me a while back.

I believe that the print run is 20 - that's what I listed on my OLD, OLD, OLD wantlist.

Here is a close up picture of the "CLEAR EMBOSSED PACIFIC LOGO" - it certainly DOES NOT scan well. Hope this helps.

[Image: P1380507_zpsab109b1f.jpg]
[Image: P1380501_zpsc96d8944.jpg]
Thanks jaderock. Actually the pictures are clear and instructive.

I noticed that this card was not listed in your "have" checklist on your personal website, which prompted me to believe that if even you do not have a Brunell Certified parallel in your collection then the odds greatly increase that Pacific never created this set in the first place. If that is what is referred to as the "Certified" parallel then I stand corrected.

I wonder now whether or not this stamp was reserved exclusively for the lower serial numbered cards of this insert set. That would make sense.

I had heard once that it was limited to the first 10 only...

RUMOR based.

I have seen one other (Barry) numbered less than 10.

thank you guys so much for the info. I've been trying to figure that out forever now. I'm thinking it might be like the 1997 precious metal parrallel where they are numbered to 150 but the first 15 are green and the next 135 are red. maybe these litho proofs work the same way. I may have even missed out on some of the napoleon kaufman ones thinking they were the litho-proof normal since the embossed logo is so hard to see.

Thanks again for all your help. Very much appreciated.

On a different note, has anyone ever seen the 1997 ultra (brown backs)? I have never seen one listed anywhere for any player.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

(07-10-2013, 11:58 AM)cgod26 Wrote: On a different note, has anyone ever seen the 1997 ultra (brown backs)? I have never seen one listed anywhere for any player.
They do not exist.