`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bowman Inception - disappointment?

Bowman Inception - disappointment?
so after being excited for quite some time (I really thought the football issue of this looked phenomonal even though I don't watch/care about football really) - didn't really know when it was coming or check out the checklists - saw that the product was dropping so went through excitedly to see which Braves players I would be able to snatch up some nice cards of. Evan Gattis? Andrelton Simmons? J.R. Graham? Alex Wood?

look over the checklist..... nothing.

check ebay for Braves guys.....nothing

browse all of ebay for inception to see if maybe Braves wasn't in the title...nothing

you'd think the Braves have no large national following or something to be totally 100% excluded from this release. (unless I missed something?)

oh well. at least I don't have any singles to hunt down - and man would I have loved to see a nice Gattis card in here even if he may end up being a giant flash in the pan.

hope everyone elses teams/players fared better cause that is one gorgeous looking set!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: Bowman Inception - disappointment?
I think the Brewers got snubbed as well.

I don't know about the checklist, but those cards are beautiful. Some of the nicest I've seen since the Fleer/Skybox Metal sets I collect from the late 90s.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Yup- no brewers either. Why are there live autos and auto redemptions of the same guy in this as well?
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(07-02-2013, 03:55 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: A lot of teams are poorly represented in Topps releases this year. Not too many Braves, Brewers or White Sox players in the prospect centered stuff and not too many Astros in the established player stuff (Archives, Gypsy Queen etc...).
My Yankees are kinda all over the place though.

Although one thing I hate about the Yanks in Inception is how the picture on the Tyler Austin card looks way too similar to the picture they used on this '12 BoChro auto card and '13 Bowman Cream Of The Crop mini card.
+1 yeah i just think there arent many "top prospects" expected to hit this year or rookies this year compared to others in the checklist, not that everyone in the checklist is going to be in the show this year but maybe "bigger" prospect names
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Yeah, i was going over the checklist again and i'm reconsidering buying any boxes.
I already got a couple variations of the rangers prospect i wanted off ebay.

yeah and the two biggest rangers (profar and olt) are both redemptions -,-
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

No David Ortiz and only a redemption for Manny Machado AU card. Since I don't collect AU cards, and the only modern I PC is Machado and Ortiz for my son, not going to touch it. Actually, I'm amazed that people still purchase redemption cards on ebay and elsewhere at this point.

With that said, the cards do look nice. On my computer screen anyway.

I think it's funny when u see braves listed for a box break of inception and people are bidding on it. Complete waste of money
And yes I was disappointed to when I saw there were no braves. I would have loved to have terdoslavich in this set of inception.
[Image: beckettsig3_zps172d72ff.jpg]

still amazing cards.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]