`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Exquisite 2012 Finally arrives

RE: Exquisite 2012 Finally arrives
$2000 for a RGIII /99 is a bit steep IMHO... But hey, that's me...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(07-04-2013, 11:04 AM)chibearsboy Wrote: Nope...UD has stuck it to SO many collectors..in SO many ways...i wouldnt give em' a dime anymore...No NFL license,NO customer service,low-balling BV on unsigned redemptions.......is this enough?
Smile
All of the card companies have stuck it to collectors before. I hear complaints on Topps & Panini Redemptions on this forum all the time. No one's perfect.

(07-04-2013, 10:09 PM)superynaldo Wrote: $2000 for a RGIII /99 is a bit steep IMHO... But hey, that's me...
I have seen them sell for 720 - 1000 not 2000

(07-04-2013, 12:59 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: To me as a mainly pro uni collector, there is little difference between the two but price.
I gotcha. As a college collector, it's huge and there isn't a Press Pass card in my plaque since 2010. Before that, 9 of the previous 22 are Press Pass cards and had at one time as many as 12 of the 22 Press Pass in there.

That'd be like your favorite brand removing the G from the Packers helmet.

Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(07-05-2013, 06:35 AM)mkufta Wrote: I gotcha. As a college collector, it's huge and there isn't a Press Pass card in my plaque since 2010. Before that, 9 of the previous 22 are Press Pass cards and had at one time as many as 12 of the 22 Press Pass in there.

That'd be like your favorite brand removing the G from the Packers helmet.
Naw, wrong team. It's like them removing the G from the Bulldog helmet Smile
Agree - loved PP pre 2010. I was their biggest supporter on these boards.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(07-05-2013, 08:40 AM)ugameck Wrote: Naw, wrong team. It's like them removing the G from the Bulldog helmet Smile
Agree - loved PP pre 2010. I was their biggest supporter on these boards.
Press Pass was awesome, especially when they would include the logo on the front of the card.

Thats funny because in 2003 and 2006 (big gap where there werent any PSU players), I stuck with the basic bronze autos because the bronze has the collegiate logo under the signature. As you got lower in serial number the logo changed. I think it has been that way for quite a while with the logos. Im looking and the 2010 autos I have are bronze and have the logo. Then all the way back to 2003 the bronze also has the logo. Before that I have a 2000 and a 1998 and neither have any kind of college logo.

Bottom line, I loved PP too. Great cards. I like them much better than the UD ones now. I still have no idea why UD doesnt take advantage of the license and include the logos on the fronts of the cards.

The presspass design is perfect for a signature. Huge are for the players to sign, simple and clean design - and on card autos!!

And NO redemptions!!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Never a fan of Press Pass. It always seemed like a cheaply made product to me.

(07-05-2013, 11:40 AM)nol84kc Wrote: Never a fan of Press Pass. It always seemed like a cheaply made product to me.
College Uniforms
College Logos
Great actions pictures
Always decent quality card stock (never super fat for absolutely no reason)
On card autos
No redemptions

That was everything that made Press Pass great in my opinion. I wish they never lost the license.