`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
(07-05-2013, 05:21 AM)pbean Wrote: I totally agree with Jher ..... no matter how you can try to paint it ..... UD does not make RC's ..... they produce a "high end" college product only ..... it doesn't matter what they try to tell you ..... no NFL license ..... no NFL RC's simple as that Wink
So then tell me what the difference is between a rookie card of a guy in a spandex shirt and spandex shorts running a 40 and a player pictures in his college uniform? One is a rookie and one is not.

1st year card = rookie
(07-05-2013, 01:19 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: That's not even the same player........ YOUR reference JUST GOT REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY DILUTED. I mean watered down to Gatorade mixed with fruit punch with a hint of Sprite diluted.................................
All the players that you watched in college... Will they make it into the HOF as college players or NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL players...??? EXACTLY.
It's cool for the college collectors but for the NFL NFL NFL NFL NFL collectors................ High end college stuff is crap................. And will be crap. Now....... When and if RGIII and Andrew Luck wins a Super Bowl.................... Will you relish upon the college careers or celebrate on their Super Bowl victories? I already know the answer.
Again... UD is twisting the public... Get it right. THERE ARE NOW ROOKIES IN COLLEGE.
oh BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC There IS no college football. ONLY SEC. TRUTH
But forreal! How many younger collectors even know where Peyton wed ent to college??? They know he played for the Colts and is now playing for the Broncos... But they don't even know...
My post got diluted? Do you see that you had to do to get your point across? Look at that attempt at a post.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(07-05-2013, 07:22 AM)mkufta Wrote: So then tell me what the difference is between a rookie card of a guy in a spandex shirt and spandex shorts running a 40 and a player pictures in his college uniform? One is a rookie and one is not.

1st year card = rookie

My post got diluted? Do you see that you had to do to get your point across? Look at that attempt at a post.
It's not even the same players on your two examples... Not even the same level of players. That was a horrible example that you gave.

And where are you going with your argument on spandex shirts and shorts running 40s??? That has nothing to do with UD's attempts to save themselves.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(07-05-2013, 12:02 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: It's not even the same players on your two examples... Not even the same level of players. That was a horrible example that you gave.

And where are you going with your argument on spandex shirts and shorts running 40s??? That has nothing to do with UD's attempts to save themselves.
Im not going to waste my times explaining it to you. If you can't understand my point, no amount of explaining will help you understand. It'd be a waste of time.

99.9% of everyone else in here who read it understood it.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

Interesting comments. I find that most people who don't agree with Beckett do so out of there own need to justify trying to sell their cards for more than book value, identify them as something they aren't or they are trying to justify over paying for their cards. I've been in this hobby as a collector and seller since 1977 (mostly hockey cards) before there even was a Beckett and we all knew what a rookie card was back then. Beckett has basically done exactly what we did to determine whether a card was a rookie card or not. It has ALWAYS been a player's first appearance in a regular card set release and that was one of the reasons for the FTC designation. While a player came out in 69-70 O-Pee-Chee as a Rookie Card and not in the Topps set (as OPC was a larger set than Topps) his appearance in 70-71 Topps wasn't designated a RC but a FTC (first Topps card). Not an XRC or added rookie. We've gone by these established rules since before most people in this hobby got involved but they keep wanting to change the rules to suit themselves. Card companies haven't helped by slapping RC on everything in sight and that has led to a lot of confusion in the hobby. Regardless of whether a card is plastered ten times with RC that doesn't make it a rookie card. You have to remember that the card companies look for anyway to make their product look better and justify selling boxes for outrageous amounts of money. I will never agree to anyone saying a card not recognized by Beckett (otherwise known as the bible) as a Rookie Card is a rookie card.
frozenheroes@live.ca

Man, what a thread.....how nice it was back in the day when there was one RC for a given player and it was usually Topps....I know Fleer and Philadelphia played a little too but times sure were simple when most years a player had one RC.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]