Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
PWE Appreciation Week - Fun Idea

RE: PWE Appreciation Week - Fun Idea
Incoming...
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(11-18-2013, 09:07 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Incoming...
Awesome! Will get scan up tommorrow. Thanks for the neat stickers. Brought back some good memories. Any story behind them teaming the Phillies & Twins? Also, are the blue back / black back different. Thanks for the pleasent suprise Rampaq5!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The blue backs are from this set... http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1985/o-p...-stickers/

and the black backs are from ... http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1986/o-p...-stickers/

I'm sure Topps no doubt had the same idea going in the states at the same time. Basically you bought an album that had spots reserved in it with numbered rectangles. You bought the stickers in packs and peeled and put them in the album in the correct spot. As for the Twins and Phillies being paired together, guess that is just how it worked out as every team seemed to be paired with an exclusive partner. I forget who the Royals were paired with but I'm sure Cross444 will let us know when he gets his PWE (ooops did I just let a cat out of the bag? Check your mailbox Chris).

I bought a box of these at the Toronto Sport Card Expo a few weeks ago. I always try and throw in a few extras in my trade, and I figured since 99% of the traders are from the USA that O-Pee-Chee Stickers from the mid 80s was something most team collectors at Beckett would not have the opportunity to get their hands on quite readily.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

rmpaq5 thanks for the Lawrie. One of the few i don't have!!