`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At What Value Do You Put A Card in A Top Loader

RE: At What Value Do You Put A Card in A Top Loader
If you're careful and not concerned about maintaining a perfect 10 card, a binder can still be safe way to protect cards. Just make sure to use quality sleeves, have a careful touch and try to put your better cards in the middle slot.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Pretty much most of my cards go into pages and binders, with the more expensive ones sleeved first (I am a base set builder). Anything in the set really valuable goes in a top loader and put in that vinyl pocket on the binder itself. My most prized (eg my 2 Verlander rookie autos) are in magnetic one touches. My really old vintage is in a small count box top loaded. As Cross said if you are careful and don't toss them around binders can be safe, not the safest but safe with caution
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I honestly don't have a set amount. I've got cards in my RC PC that are $40+ that are in top loaders, then I have some that are $.25 that are in top loaders. If I like the card, it goes in a top loader. I do put cards in binder pages as well but really only when I run out of loaders
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I really think this really comes down to the collector. I use to use binders all the time, but over recent years I've stayed away from them due to the fact if you close it wrong or someone else does the 3 rings have no mercy on your cards. You end up denting them or bending them up so i stick strictly to soft sleeves and top loader. I have long boxes full of cards only in soft sleeves and the bigger boxes for my top loaders and one touch cases.

As far as value it all depends on what you feel is valuable in your collection. For example i have over 200 Bryce Harper cards every one of them are in top loaders. Granted Harper stuff is pretty high priced compared to other players, but i also have a cousin that use to play in the major leagues in the 80 through the early 90's. His name is Ken Oberkfell he wasn't the best, never an all star or anything like that and it just so happened that he played when the market was completely flooded, so none of his stuff with worth more than a quarter. Point being it means something to me so i have all his cards in Top Loaders. It depends on you man... If you can afford to buy top loaders all the time i say its the safest way to take care of your cards.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I don't really put a set value on the cards that go into a top loader. It just depends on if I like the card or not. I have some 25 cent cards in top loaders.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I love the feel of a binder flipping the pages and seeing the cards. Has anyone ever tried a binder with cards in top loaders?
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby