Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
check out what I just got......UPDATE V2

RE: check out what I just got......UPDATE
That's a beauty! Nearly perfect, IMO. .... But I'm not a card grader Smile
Don't know who is best for vintage, but when / if you figure it out, share with us! I have some vintage I want graded!
BTW: what's so bad about the lucite screwdowns? I have several expensive cards in them. I put them in penny sleeves and then between the slabs. What type of damage can occur and if it has been done already, should removing it from the lucite prevent anything worse from happening? Thanks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-02-2013, 11:49 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's a beauty! Nearly perfect, IMO. .... But I'm not a card grader Smile
Don't know who is best for vintage, but when / if you figure it out, share with us! I have some vintage I want graded!
BTW: what's so bad about the lucite screwdowns? I have several expensive cards in them. I put them in penny sleeves and then between the slabs. What type of damage can occur and if it has been done already, should removing it from the lucite prevent anything worse from happening? Thanks!
Being that you have yours in a penny sleeve you are fine. No worries. Ive heard from alot of people and even my LCS owner that those screw down cases can cause cards to stick to the glass and ruin the card in attempting to remove from the case. Mostly cause from tighting it down to much. This card was not in a penny sleeve and did stick to the case. However it wad not bad and came off fairly easy with absolute zero damage.

(07-02-2013, 11:57 AM)jknott10 Wrote: Being that you have yours in a penny sleeve you are fine. No worries. Ive heard from alot of people and even my LCS owner that those screw down cases can cause cards to stick to the glass and ruin the card in attempting to remove from the case. Mostly cause from tighting it down to much. This card was not in a penny sleeve and did stick to the case. However it wad not bad and came off fairly easy with absolute zero damage.
Thanks for the info and glad your card came out without a problem. You had me worried about my Mantle cards ... I bought those lucites for display purposes and never thought they'd cause any damage. Very happy I 'pennysleeved' them first, though.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

When I first saw this posting, the thing that popped into my head was "hopefully the original owner didn't screw it too tightly." Glad that it worked out. Great looking card.

(07-02-2013, 11:57 AM)jknott10 Wrote: Being that you have yours in a penny sleeve you are fine. No worries. Ive heard from alot of people and even my LCS owner that those screw down cases can cause cards to stick to the glass and ruin the card in attempting to remove from the case. Mostly cause from tighting it down to much. This card was not in a penny sleeve and did stick to the case. However it wad not bad and came off fairly easy with absolute zero damage.

I just got back from taking this card to my LCS. Im now pumped to get this thing graded. I have one more guy to take this card to for a second opinon before sending it off to get graded. Anyways, my LCS owner looked over it and even took a magnifying class to it and to him it checks oht original. Only issue he has is the same as mine. (Almost looks to good to be true). He said if this card is fake it is without a doubt the best fake he has EVER seen.

RE: check out what I just got
(06-24-2013, 07:00 PM)jknott10 Wrote: Thanks, funny thing is, she has no idea who Hank Aaron is. She said she only got it because "it had the Braves on it and I knew it was a old player"
Well if its fake they did a good job replicating water/print marks on the back of the card. My $$$ is on that being real... Good luck
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

RE: check out what I just got......UPDATE V2
Just a little update here guys. This Aaron should be coming back from grading sometime this week. Before I submitted it, I brought it to one last guy and he has me a little worried about it. Much like myself, he thought it was to good to be true and he thinks it might be trimmed. However theres only one way to find out and I guess I will find out sometime this week lol. Once it comes in I will have a final update one it. Oh, I also submitted a 1969 Mickey Mantle with it also

(09-03-2013, 03:45 PM)jknott10 Wrote: Just a little update here guys. This Aaron should be coming back from grading sometime this week. Before I submitted it, I brought it to one last guy and he has me a little worried about it. Much like myself, he thought it was to good to be true and he thinks it might be trimmed. However theres only one way to find out and I guess I will find out sometime this week lol. Once it comes in I will have a final update one it. Oh, I also submitted a 1969 Mickey Mantle with it also
Which grading company did you decide to go with?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-03-2013, 04:39 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Which grading company did you decide to go with?
to be honest with you, I don't even remember lol. Something is telling me BGS but it could be PSA also. Its one of those two. My LCS owner took them with him to Nationals to get graded for me while he was there. But said they didn't have time to do two cards for him on the spot so they had to take them back with them. Said they should be back in this week sometime.

This bad boy is finally back in hand.......will post scans as soon as my phone charges up a little.....