`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mint vs Near Mint/Mint

RE: Mint vs Near Mint/Mint
I set everything at 8.5, and switch accordingly. If someone defaults everything at 9, I change mine to accommodate.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

So glad it is not just me on this one. Good to see others feel the same way and try to trade accordingly.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(06-23-2013, 09:10 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: Not sure why swatch colour should have any bearing on a cards value, but folks can ask what they want for multi colour swatch cards.
I guess I am remembering the days of the standard BV increase (I thought it was 25%) for multicolored swatches and multiple colors for multiple pieces. I haven't bought a Beckett in quite some time since I have had the online guide, so I am not sure if it is still listed as such.

Just curious how many people remember this. It sounds like I am in the minority here, which is fine. I am willing to work with people on trades and know that Beckett values are at times only a starting point in negotiations.

What it boils down to is that I place a higher value on a card in my PC that has either multiple colors (again as a Red Wings fan, at most 2), or in the case I noted 6 jersey swatches that are 6 different colors.

Thanks,
Nathan

(06-24-2013, 11:15 PM)madmack29 Wrote: I guess I am remembering the days of the standard BV increase (I thought it was 25%) for multicolored swatches and multiple colors for multiple pieces. I haven't bought a Beckett in quite some time since I have had the online guide, so I am not sure if it is still listed as such.

Just curious how many people remember this. It sounds like I am in the minority here, which is fine. I am willing to work with people on trades and know that Beckett values are at times only a starting point in negotiations.

What it boils down to is that I place a higher value on a card in my PC that has either multiple colors (again as a Red Wings fan, at most 2), or in the case I noted 6 jersey swatches that are 6 different colors.

Thanks,
Nathan
As I stated above and you are correct BV is only a starting point but some times it is hard to make a trade work when someone is valuing their cards higher than what the BV is.

I get it though as people can ask whatever they would like for their cards. If someone has a reason I am more than willing to listen to it. I just don't like when like an insert card is listed as mint.

[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I have a lot of cards listed as mint because they were added when that was the default. I have no problem with traders mentally adjusting the BV in their trade to reflect that. With 11,000 traders in several folders, I'm not sure I want to take the time to edit condition value for all of them.