`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This baffles me..

RE: This baffles me..
sad but true. the last time i got my money's worth on a hobby box was 08 icons. on a retail box? umm, never. like pulling the handle on a slot machine the next pull could be a winner, you see others with a winning pull so you know that it can happen and the machine you are playing has come so close, so many times that you keep feeding it money until you go home broke and unhappy. or you win big and are happy until ya realize you spent 700.00 to win a 500.00 jackpot. so now, i buy singles that i want and eliminate the gambling altogether. oh, but i DO miss busting boxes...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

I bust boxes because it is fun... Buying singles is ok sometimes but where is the excitement in that? By buying a single I know what I am getting and thats great and all but... the idea always goes through my head when busting a box that I could pull something really great and even if I dont at least I got the rush..I collect pretty much all cards base rookies auto game used and vintage and serial numbered and I dont care at all about return investment..I think if I cared about how much I got in return from a box that would ruin the fun of the hobby entirely. I collect because it is my hobby and it is fun..
[Image: jonathancard.png]

I always go for singles. The last time I busted a box was about a year ago when I purchased 1989 upper deck low # and didn't score one single Griffey Jr. Yeah, that kind of killed it for me, lol.
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

I agree. I do buy singles because I collect specific teams, but I love the excitement of busting boxes and ripping packs. If you go into it expecting that big hit everytime, I guess it won't be fun, or if you're in it for monetary gain. I do it for the love and fun of the hobby. When you do get that BIG HIT, it feels like you did win the lottery. I bought 3 packs of bowman baseball over the weekend and had my best HIT ever, 300bv, I'm still feeling the high. I don't expect that everytime, or even ever, I expect to enjoy ripping open the packs and hoping for a PC "Hit".

(06-24-2013, 04:35 PM)jonathancard Wrote: I bust boxes because it is fun... Buying singles is ok sometimes but where is the excitement in that? By buying a single I know what I am getting and thats great and all but... the idea always goes through my head when busting a box that I could pull something really great and even if I dont at least I got the rush..I collect pretty much all cards base rookies auto game used and vintage and serial numbered and I dont care at all about return investment..I think if I cared about how much I got in return from a box that would ruin the fun of the hobby entirely. I collect because it is my hobby and it is fun..
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

this isnt a regular box.. its just a 1 card..20 dollar buy and thats it(thats the part that baffles me).. this has nothing to do with buying wax with more than 1 pack.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.