Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Topps exchange question

Topps exchange question
hi,

i had a redemption for a 2012 topps platinum greg childs auto rc jumbo patch black refractor and i called topps to change my address and since its been almost a year figured id do an exchange. the card i got was a chris givens bowman rc auto, non numbered, non parallel, and no patch. i am kinda bummed because bc ive only pulled one other patch. ( plus patch black refractors sound sweet)

now i dont know much about football cards bv , but seems like i kinda got screwed. i was at least hoping for a scrub auto patch that was numbered. instead i got a rc auto, thst doesnt seem that special. should i complain to topps or at least call them? or do i not have a leg to stand on? is chris givens any good? these about equal?

thanks for your help!
Looking for:

Lebron BGS Rookies
Shaq PSA 10 Rookies
Graded Lew Alcindor RC
To complete Prizm Auto basketball set

PM me, if you are looking to sell or trade.

RE: Topps exchange question
Topps probably sent you something to the equivalent of what they considered to be equal value. I'm not too knowledgeable myself of either of those players, so I can't really speak on that issue. I've had many a replacement sent my way (Kellen Clemens anyone?) that I know were no where near in comparable value. They simply sent something they had a ton of on the side. Happens a lot. I'd try to contact Topps. In the past, they have helped me when I talk to someone on the phone
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

Ok, thanks for the advice. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, but thought I'd see what some other thought. I think they are both commons, so player wise they are close, but I thought topps would stick to a similar card from the platinum set.
Looking for:

Lebron BGS Rookies
Shaq PSA 10 Rookies
Graded Lew Alcindor RC

I will help you with my Razorback knowledge. Greg Childs is no scrub, it's just that his bad knees have slown him down. You would have been screwed except for the fact that Greg tore up both of his knees last season. He is unlikely to ever make a return to football. So basically you traded out a patch auto of a player unlikely to play another down for a player who has years ahead of him. I think you came out pretty well.
[Image: B6aktTl.png]

I collect Bears, Celtics, Yankees, Cardinals prospects, and Razorbacks

Thanks, I didn't mean scrub as a player, but more in terms of hobby value. Plus I think I redeemed the card to prior him blowing out his knees. So technically I'm taking a hit just based on the past year waiting for it to get redeemed.
Looking for:

Lebron BGS Rookies
Shaq PSA 10 Rookies
Graded Lew Alcindor RC