`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Jumbo Topps Series 2 (NOW ... EVEN MORE SCANS!)

1 Jumbo Topps Series 2 (NOW ... EVEN MORE SCANS!)
Man o'man, did I get a stinker of a Jumbo box.
Not even worthy of a photo .... sure, got a bunch of inserts, the only good ones, being the Elite ... Bob Gibson and Lou Gehrig, really nice cards.
The 2 relic cards ... 1) Phil Niekro jersey 2) David Freese MVP award
The auto .... Scott Diamond. Yawn, yawn, yawn ... nothing exciting here. Got a camo of someone not very note worthy (can't remember and don't want to look through the cards again ... sorry) and finally, I guess a decent SP of Josh Reddick in sunglasses.
Looked like the collation might have improved enough that I might get a full set of base, so it wasn't a total waste of cardboard.

[Image: null_zpsb20f08cf.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 1 Jumbo Topps Series 2
I've decided to do just blasters and no jumbo this year. It just doesn't make sense anymore. I have been liking the patch cards from the blasters more anyways.

Don't feel bad, I pulled a Brock Holt auto. The kid has 8 career AB's and no future in the MLB outside of a low-end utility guy. I was furious.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(06-21-2013, 05:11 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: I've decided to do just blasters and no jumbo this year. It just doesn't make sense anymore. I have been liking the patch cards from the blasters more anyways.
I'll be buying blasters to fill in for missing base cards, for sure. And I do like the patch cards in every box. 5 blasters = 1 Jumbo box. 5 Patch cards vs. 1 auto and 2 relic .... I think you're better off with the blasters ... and there's still a chance of auto and relic cards besides the patches in the blasters.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

id take that freese off your hands! i'll be posting my break tommorrow
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

(06-21-2013, 05:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'll be buying blasters to fill in for missing base cards, for sure. And I do like the patch cards in every box. 5 blasters = 1 Jumbo box. 5 Patch cards vs. 1 auto and 2 relic .... I think you're better off with the blasters ... and there's still a chance of auto and relic cards besides the patches in the blasters.
Actually Doc, I'm pretty sure there are no autos or relics in the blasters with the patches ... I remember checking that specifically a product or two ago.

I think Topps' thinking is, hey we gave you a free patch, what else could you possibly want, LOL

I could be wrong, but make sure to consult the small print on the side of the blaster first ... if you're looking for hits, that is.

But base, yeah, blasters are the way to go.

Actually, I recommend the $10 "blisters" or whatever they're called ... the 72-card cello packs inside the flatter cardboard boxes ... it's about six packs worth of base cards, no dupes, and they do have relics/autos ... I pulled a Buster Posey All-Star jersey out of an Update one last year, and a McCutchen jersey out of Series 1 this year.

I'm still going back and forth on a box...after a couple of series one I had pretty much decided to abandon topps base and just pickup cards here and there for pc

the patch cards all at least go for 12.00 to 15.00 anyways while the autos and relics usually go for 8.00 unless you luck out like our friend with the Mays relic, but wait that was retail too haha. I rest my case lol

After I saw the Series 1 breaks I decided to just avoid the product altogether this year. I think I bought one hanger pack and that was it. The breaks seemed to be absolutely brutal and I'm just not a big fan of the design of the base this year. Same with Bowman - 2 blasters and that'll probably be it. I'm hoping my luck from Platinum last year carries over to this year.

Doc, sorry for your craptastic break. I'm a Twins fan and I wouldn't be very happy to see Scotty Diamond come out of the jumbo as my auto "hit."
Kepler

I just go for the base myself but im happy with my jumbo. If you need any fillers, I have a good bunch of doubles ft
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.