`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice guys

Need advice guys
I bought this card on blowout and was so excited to get it! Well it came today, here is the front.

[Image: yjyyy_zps873fb478.jpg]

I was so pumped till i saw the back

[Image: yj_zpscd5c584a.jpg]

Everyone knows or can easily find out how much its worth so tell me would you return it or keep it based on the damage on the card. I think in the condition its in its probably worth what i paid for it which is 60. I was gonna either pc it or use it for a high end Goldschmidt now i dont know if i wanna pc it or could get a high end card for it. Thoughts? I got it for a steal but now i know why, should i return it or do you guys think the damage is minimal enough to not be a big deal? Please need some advice guys what would you do?
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Need advice guys
Are you referencing the bent corner? I'm disappointed that blowout would sell a card like that and not mention it first.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Yeah the bent corner, its a seller on there. I even asked about damage and was ignored. Man this sucks the front is flawless!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Well if the front is flawless, that's what matters the most. I wouldn't be angry enough to do anything about it, but that isn't right.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

$60 is a pretty good price on it but if any part of you thinks you may want to move it at some point in the future, I would return it. I wouldn't be rude about it by any means. I would simply show him the scan and explain that it has pretty banged up corners (looks like some chipping on the edges too) and ask him for a refund. Hopefully he is okay with it. If not, I would give him a negative and stick it in your pc. It's not damaged badly enough for me to spend a ton of time on but bad enough that I would do an easy return if possible. If he were to offer you a partial refund (like $10 or so) I would probably be happy and take it.

Yeah theres seems to be some chipping too as well as 2 damaged corners???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

60$ for a ryan auto is very nice for pc. It being on the back wont bother me.

That being said. It makes me angry that the seller didn't say anything. I would want some money back. I'm always wary of majority of people who sell there
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

$60 isn't bad for a Ryan auto and not a terrible price for that particular one, in my opinion. I sure wish we had a nice Goldschmidt because I would be happy to take it off your hands!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I would PC it and not even worry about the ding......really how many times do you look at the back of the card?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(06-21-2013, 01:50 AM)elberson Wrote: I would PC it and not even worry about the ding......really how many times do you look at the back of the card?

Agreed, that price for a ryan auto card...even with the slight damage i think you could get that back in sale or trade.

These thick cards get damaged so easy! Nearly every 2011 bowman gold i pulled (which is a thick cardboard card) had problems with the edges.