`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Retail King Strikes Again — Was this guy better than Mike Trout? NOW WITH SCAN!

The Retail King Strikes Again — Was this guy better than Mike Trout? NOW WITH SCAN!
Hey guys, I went into my LT today (that's Local Target, LOL) and saw that they had those big, cardboard boxes with the yellow police tape on top of a flatbed cart next to the card aisle.

That could mean only one thing ... new cards!

So the guy opened them up for me and I grabbed a sealed 24-pack box of Topps Series 2.

(That's right, pack searchers, you can search THIS right here!)

About 2/3 of the way through the box I pulled this monster ...

[Image: WillieMays_zps8bc69d0f.jpg]

Willie Mays Chasing History relic, #73/99.

I'm not sure if it's considered the regular relic (1:134 packs) or the gold version (1:810 packs), but definitely not bad for one box.

I'm guessing it's the gold because it's numbered, but either way I'm happy with it.

RE: The Retail King Strikes Again — Was this guy better than Mike Trout?
Nice pull! Post that scan when you get a chance. Love to see it.

In answer to your question ... Yes! No doubt about it!
Congrats on another great retail pull, RJ!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-20-2013, 06:33 PM)petercopp Wrote: Nice pull! Post that scan when you get a chance. Love to see it.
Thanks man ... I just have to let the office clear out so I can use the scanner, LOL.

All in all it was a fun break ... pulled both Trout base cards for my PC, a Harper insert (Making Their Marks or whatever it's called), a couple of Cabrera inserts for my Tigers PC, as well as the "big four" rookies in this release ... Gattis, Bradley Jr. (same pack, LOL), Fernandez and Ryu.

Willie mays is probably one of the top 5 greatest baseball players of all time so take a guess what my answer would be Smile
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(06-20-2013, 06:43 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: In answer to your question ... Yes! No doubt about it!
Congrats on another great retail pull, RJ!
Yes sir, it's called "drawing the readers in," LOL ... I'm out here in the Bay Area, so this is definitely one of my signature pulls.

I'm too young to remember him, but there are plenty of folks around here that idolize the man.
(06-20-2013, 06:57 PM)muz0 Wrote: Willie mays is probably one of the top 5 greatest baseball players of all time so take a guess what my answer would be Smile
Who's No. 4, Trout? LOL

Yes, the question is definitely tongue in cheek.

Thats awesome congrats man!! Any red Yankees?

(06-20-2013, 07:24 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: Thats awesome congrats man!! Any red Yankees?
You know, I don't believe so ... Now that I've traded with you, Joe and Aaron a bunch of times, any Yankees, Phillies and Braun/Brewers I pull usually register in my mind, and I don't recall that this time.

But I will check again, I busted the 24 packs in like 15 minutes, LOL.

I did pull a dupe of a Jeter Gallery of Heroes out of Archives the other day.

This weekend I'm going to have the house to myself and I've got about six weeks worth of wax to sort through, so I'll pull all the "bait" and bring it in.
Bump for scan added, enjoy! RJ

(06-20-2013, 07:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You know, I don't believe so ... Now that I've traded with you, Joe and Aaron a bunch of times, any Yankees, Phillies and Braun/Brewers I pull usually register in my mind, and I don't recall that this time.

But I will check again, I busted the 24 packs in like 15 minutes, LOL.

I did pull a dupe of a Jeter Gallery of Heroes out of Archives the other day.

This weekend I'm going to have the house to myself and I've got about six weeks worth of wax to sort through, so I'll pull all the "bait" and bring it in.
Bump for scan added, enjoy! RJ
No problem i just realized I still had that trade pending I'll get that handled. I'm sorry things have been so freaking busy.

(06-20-2013, 09:26 PM)decriscio619 Wrote: No problem i just realized I still had that trade pending I'll get that handled. I'm sorry things have been so freaking busy.
It's all good, man ... basically if you did the Trout USA, the Wallace blue sparkle and the Prince SP that would probably do it.

Just counter it back to me and we can go from there sorry for the confusion, LOL.