`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
advice for topps redemption

advice for topps redemption
A little while back I pulled the Jimi Hendrix Relic Redemption from an American Pie Hobby Box. I received a replacement for the card on Monday. A /199 Dwight Gooden Autograph. Im not kidding. I called them and they said to send it back in with a request for replacement.

Anybody have any advice on what I should ask for? Beckett value is $200 on the Hendrix which will never be made. Im looking for at least that amount.

RE: advice for topps redemption
What else do you collect? I would start there. They tend to replace based on BV so I would find something of equal book value that you are interested in and start there. I would make sure you put in several options in case they don't have one of your top choice.

It's too bad it had to be replaced. That would be a cool card to own.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

(06-18-2013, 06:18 PM)ggunit Wrote: A little while back I pulled the Jimi Hendrix Relic Redemption from an American Pie Hobby Box. I received a replacement for the card on Monday. A /199 Dwight Gooden Autograph. Im not kidding. I called them and they said to send it back in with a request for replacement.

Anybody have any advice on what I should ask for? Beckett value is $200 on the Hendrix which will never be made. Im looking for at least that amount.
I'm in the same situation with the same cards. I couldn't believe the replacement when I opened it. It's hard to really come up with a replacement, when they're just printing new cards. For someone with Hendrix, I would think almost a hall of fame level player. I doubt you could really ask for a specific card.

I have had better luck asking for specific cards than those who ask for more general things. Honestly, for that, I would expect a higher end HOFer like Ripken or Ryan.

Dpatera you got the same crappy Gooden?

That makes me sick. I sold a Dwight Gooden auto'd card (not serial'd) for $10 recently and was happy with it. Hendrix is a legend. I'd say the BV is so low only because it was a redemption. If the card had actually been produced I'd think the BV would be MUCH higher than that.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Ask for higher end players, it can't hurt
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

man thats a bummer. a cut hendrix auto sounds soooo rad!!!!
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

(06-19-2013, 12:59 AM)ggunit Wrote: Dpatera you got the same crappy Gooden?
Yep, a freshly printed Gooden, #/199.

(06-19-2013, 10:12 PM)dpatera Wrote: Yep, a freshly printed Gooden, #/199.
ARe you asking for a replacement?