`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A funny short story for all

RE: A funny short story for all
(06-19-2013, 09:58 AM)sonic311 Wrote: I can see why you dont go to this particular LCS much. There's a guy like him at a card show I go to.
That's a sweet card I would be glad to have in my Kobe PC. hint hint wink wink Wink

yeah, there's a guy at the card shows here around Greensboro, NC, too. Wants like 80% of bv for all of his stuff, won't haggle, won't trade, tries to buy at like 25% of bv. Not even friendly. If you don't like cards, or people, why bother doing something that involves nothing but those two things?
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Someone should punch him in the junk, then charge him $125.

(06-19-2013, 11:56 PM)buckunteer Wrote: yeah, there's a guy at the card shows here around Greensboro, NC, too. Wants like 80% of bv for all of his stuff, won't haggle, won't trade, tries to buy at like 25% of bv. Not even friendly. If you don't like cards, or people, why bother doing something that involves nothing but those two things?
Funny Story about this. There is a guy like that at the show I go to around here. I live in NH. The guy had a Zach Randolph Gold Refractor. I think it books at $12. Bear in mind, I live in NH. Z-Bo plays in Memphis and isn't really a someone with a huge following up here. He wanted $7 for it. I offered $5. He tells me that is what he is into the card. I understand that you don't want to sell it for less than you have into it...I do. However, he has had it on his table for the last 4 shows and it has gone nowhere. It will stay on his table. I bet it will be there next month and the month after and the month after. I don't believe in standing offers so I would offer him $4 at this point.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(06-20-2013, 07:08 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Funny Story about this. There is a guy like that at the show I go to around here. I live in NH. The guy had a Zach Randolph Gold Refractor. I think it books at $12. Bear in mind, I live in NH. Z-Bo plays in Memphis and isn't really a someone with a huge following up here. He wanted $7 for it. I offered $5. He tells me that is what he is into the card. I understand that you don't want to sell it for less than you have into it...I do. However, he has had it on his table for the last 4 shows and it has gone nowhere. It will stay on his table. I bet it will be there next month and the month after and the month after. I don't believe in standing offers so I would offer him $4 at this point.
Offer him a dollar and your middle finger the next time and tell him the dollar goes away at the next show after that. I guarantee he'll sell it to you.