`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction Site question

Auction Site question
I have a few things listed on a popular auction site. An item that I have listed received a bid from someone whose feed back is listed as (private). Can anyone tell me what this means? Is this a bid that I should take seriously?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

RE: Auction Site question
Sometimes private just means they dont want their information out there to other people. I know from past experiences searching for some chrome superfractors somebody with private feedback won them, with their stuff being private I couldnt see who it was or message them. Im sure some people who buy higher end cards go the private route so they dont get a lot of messages. Hope this helps!

I'm currently going through this actually. Somebody w/ private feedback won one of my auctions 5 days ago and hasn't paid yet. This person has over 2000 feedbacks I can't imagine s/he would still be active if there are many negatives, but I'm getting a bit frustrated. I literally don't think I've ever waited more than about 12 hours to pay for an item!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I pay right away out of respect and because I want my stuff lol

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(06-17-2013, 10:32 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I pay right away out of respect and because I want my stuff lol

+1000

Yeah I'm a pretty easy-going guy but I get pretty finicky about money. Didn't grow up with much, still a grad student so I don't have much! I pay immediately to keep everybody happy. And I get if you forget about it for a day or something like that, but 5 days seems nonchalant at best, disrespectful at worst.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I send statements the minute after all if my auctions end. I don't like to list things at is it but sometimes recouping money is a good idea.

I'm with you guys. 12 hours was the longest time I ever waited to pay, but it was because I was stuck at work. As you said, JMarchand1981 - the sooner I pay, the sooner I can get my stuff - hopefully.
PC - Jeff Taylor #44 Charlotte Bobcats - 42/110 = 38%

Also looking for Jim Jackson autograph cards.

(06-17-2013, 10:32 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I pay right away out of respect and because I want my stuff lol
This should be the mantra of every eBay buyer in the history of the world from now until eternity.

i wouldnt be worried about it. and i agree, i pay asap. i can understand it being several hours after the auction, but several days is inexcusable imo, with the tech these days.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]