`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 90's Case For Inserts

Best 90's Case For Inserts
I am getting more and more into 90's inserts and am getting the urge to try to chase a few inserts. Soooo... with that in mind, what product do you suggest?

I looked at 1993 Topps Finest to see if I could nail a few refractors but at $350 a box an roughly 1.5 refractors to a box I don't think there is tremendous value there. The only specific player I collect is Orel Hershiser and he honestly doesn't have a ton of tough inserts (other than the 93 Finest Refractor) otherwise I would buy a case of whatever product his inserts were in.

I was considering 98 Topps Tek but I think it would become an addiction to get all 90 of a certain player and that might make me go crazy lol.

I would like something with a few different inserts and at least one valuable insert that I can reasonably expect to hit 1 or 2 of in say 10 boxes (I get that cases are hard to find but I will probably buy the equivilent of a case) and would like to spend under $1500 but am flexible if the value is good enough.

Any good suggestions?

RE: Best 90's Case For Inserts
Donruss Preferred, 1997 or 1998, nice inserts, tough parallels oh and Precious Metal inserts, those are some of the best of the 90's inserts
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(06-14-2013, 06:52 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Donruss Preferred, 1997 or 1998, nice inserts, tough parallels oh and Precious Metal inserts, those are some of the best of the 90's inserts
Agreed with and maybe circa rave
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Did those only come in tins?

(06-14-2013, 08:56 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Did those only come in tins?
The preferred came in blasters as well for retail... But for hobby it was all Tins... And If you ever find a case of the preferred that would be incredible.. Just the boxes are hard enough to find.

Are the boxes and the packs both tin? I found a few of what I think are boxes (they say 24 count on the front) so I assume they are the boxes) but I think you are right, cases are going to be impossible. I mean, I will buy 10 boxes if I need to but I prefer to do a standard case.

Maybe I will just get a bunch of different boxes.

Back in the late 90's Target used to have these boxes which guaranteed $100 bv for $20. I pulled some awesome cards from those and those cards are actually worth quite a bit these days. I wonder if it's possible to find some of those.

(06-14-2013, 11:21 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Are the boxes and the packs both tin? I found a few of what I think are boxes (they say 24 count on the front) so I assume they are the boxes) but I think you are right, cases are going to be impossible. I mean, I will buy 10 boxes if I need to but I prefer to do a standard case.

Maybe I will just get a bunch of different boxes.

Back in the late 90's Target used to have these boxes which guaranteed $100 bv for $20. I pulled some awesome cards from those and those cards are actually worth quite a bit these days. I wonder if it's possible to find some of those.
Yes they are both in tins, the large box has 24 tins inside. The green tin boxes have 23 green tins and one silver tin, the gold tin boxes have 23 green tins and 1 gold tin.
PM incoming

Also maybe the 97 or 98 finest refractors.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Where do you buy your 90s cases from?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

Late 90s Pacific products are fun rips with lots of parallels in addition to the intricate die-cut inserts. It may be hard to find (and hard to stomach ripping) a case but I can't imagine most of those products are ridiculously expensive per box.