`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
mail day: first Sandberg auto!

mail day: first Sandberg auto!
picked this up earlier this week, arrived today.

I don't post about it often since our pickups for him are few and far between (we don't really actively seek out anything of his but occasionally pick up cards that catch our eye) but my wife's favorite player is Ryne Sandberg, she spent a few years before we were together living in Peoria and went to a lot of random chiefs games - had an IP auto she got at a game that she had given to a friend and we had loosely been keeping an eye out for a nice auto that we both liked.

after dragging it on far too long decided a week ago I was finally going to pull the trigger on one- ended up settling on this one- she loves it and now she has an auto of his again!

nice crisp clear auto, no fading (yet), no breaks in the signature, pretty gorgeous!
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: mail day: first Sandberg auto!
Very nice. Be careful with these sweet spots, very addictive
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(06-14-2013, 09:40 PM)elberson Wrote: Very nice. Be careful with these sweet spots, very addictive
I was always really hesitant to pick one up due to the horror stories (and just looking around) at the extreme fading on a lot of them. this one looks pretty sharp! hoping keeping it away from the dreaded UV rays will keep it looking as nice for a long time!

anyone got any advice as to which cards / colors / etc from these sets are worse for fading and basically disappearing?
1/1's (28/72 39%)

So do you live in Peoria, Illinois?
[Image: Czi7aFz.png]

Just curious. What is the Auto Grade?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-15-2013, 07:48 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Just curious. What is the Auto Grade?
the auto is a 10, although it doesn't appear in the photo (crappy cell phone + a bright light on it to snap the photo) it a lot nicer looking in person than that photo would make it appear!

here is the scan from ebay to show it a bit better, i should have just copied that over in the first place but wasn't thinking!
[Image: %24(KGrHqFHJCEFDLcRB52mBRqrJp0(gw~~60_57.JPG]

@nina:
nope wife just lived up there for few years, we are down in North Carolina
1/1's (28/72 39%)

(06-15-2013, 04:44 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I was always really hesitant to pick one up due to the horror stories (and just looking around) at the extreme fading on a lot of them. this one looks pretty sharp! hoping keeping it away from the dreaded UV rays will keep it looking as nice for a long time!

anyone got any advice as to which cards / colors / etc from these sets are worse for fading and basically disappearing?
I've noticed that it seems to be the ones signed in marker fade really badly; most of the ones signed in pen seem to be in good shape.

Really nice pickup. One great looking card.

(06-17-2013, 04:05 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Awesome card man Smile.
thank you! I spotted some of the 2013 card gen cards on ebay this morning also!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

Very nice!!! keep it safe so it stays clear of fading!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s