Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some For You, Some For Me

Some For You, Some For Me
Good day, Beckett Community!

Time has not been my friend as of late. I seem to be running short on the stuff, as my release date from the Canadian Forces is very soon! Plus the addition of Emma to our household has made me want to spend less time staring at a screen. Haha! I neglect my online friends a bit too much I think?

With this, I will announce that I am not able to trade until I have moved into my new place in Wolfville, NS. This will be for August 1, and I shall commence soon after we are done unpacking and setting up. As for now, I will do my best to keep on posting and replying to all of the great posts that I have been seeing.

Here are the few cards that I have received over the past couple of weeks:

Habs PC:

[Image: img458_zpsb3f9db5d.jpg]

Thunder Bay Boys PC:

[Image: img459_zps30c6f00a.jpg]

And a couple of traders in the mix:

[Image: img460_zps6cdd3c16.jpg][Image: img455_zpsf44bc03e.jpg][Image: img457_zpsabd21582.jpg]

Thanks to Rob (frump), Jeff (johlix), and Dave (washjeff) for the outstanding trades and practices. If you see anything that you like in the traders, they should be in my Org. and marked as available. Just keep in mind that it will take about two months before I can trade again, unless you live relatively close to Nova Scotia. I trade only using the Trade Tool, so please have your Org. ready. Thanks and best wishes!

Randi

RE: Some For You, Some For Me
Love the vitale! i see you got my plekanec as well!

Wolfville eh? I am currently taking distance courses from the university in Wolfville and am usually down there for several weeks throughout the year. We will have to get together sometime. I am heading down there for a week on Monday actually. Good luck with the move! I have a Halak card I pulled ready to trade as soon as you get set back up again.

Nice pick ups!!! Good luck on your move

(06-12-2013, 03:14 PM)washjeff Wrote: Love the vitale! i see you got my plekanec as well!
I did, Dave! Thanks for the great trade!
(06-12-2013, 04:11 PM)runfromabear Wrote: Wolfville eh? I am currently taking distance courses from the university in Wolfville and am usually down there for several weeks throughout the year. We will have to get together sometime. I am heading down there for a week on Monday actually. Good luck with the move! I have a Halak card I pulled ready to trade as soon as you get set back up again.
My fiancee just graduated from Acadia herself. We love the town and I cannot wait to get up there. We will definitely have to get together and talk over a coffee. You are close enough that I feel comfortable trading with you within the time limit, so let me know if I have anything for that amazing PC of yours. Thanks Brent!
(06-13-2013, 07:16 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: Nice pick ups!!! Good luck on your move
Thanks Brian! No Halak this time around, but I am hoping that will change soon. Best wishes!

Randi

Nice cards, but the more impressive thing is seeing that home made "L" has been replaced by the real thing.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

W-w-w-w-w WAIT A MINUTE!

When did you get the "L" for your Halak nameplate?

I cannot believe I missed this development!!!

Man, I've been spending too much time in the other forums, I guess ...

Send me the link, I would enjoy reading about your triumphant pickup.

Take care, Randi! RJ

(06-13-2013, 07:55 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: Nice cards, but the more impressive thing is seeing that home made "L" has been replaced by the real thing.
Thanks, John! I was stoked to find the "L" for the Namesakes, which was handed over by a fellow Halak collector. He and I have had some great exchanges so far, and I know that it will continue in the future.

sweet L

and love the Espo and Dougy G in the Flames jersey
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(06-15-2013, 01:33 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: W-w-w-w-w WAIT A MINUTE!

When did you get the "L" for your Halak nameplate?

I cannot believe I missed this development!!!

Man, I've been spending too much time in the other forums, I guess ...

Send me the link, I would enjoy reading about your triumphant pickup.

Take care, Randi! RJ
Well RJ... you have missed a lot! Haha! You might want to cruise through the past few weeks of posts and catch up. Tongue

I snagged the Namesakes L from a fellow Jaroslav Halak Collector on another forum. The story behind it is a decent one, and you can see my post of the L here. There are five very nice adds to my Halak PC in this post, plus a very nice gift from Tyson (wickabee)! Check it out!

As for the story behind the L... I snagged an amazing card from Eddie (katykeed) when he broke a box of 2012-13 SP Game Used. He pulled an Authentic Fabrics Fives Patches-Blues #4/9, and gave it up for far less in Trade Value than he could have got in cash. His thought was that it was going to a great home, and all he wanted me to do was pay it forward. Seeing as that is our motto here on the Hockey Boards, he had a perfect mindset!

I re-joined another forum so that I can find myself some more PC items and get my trading back up to snuff. The other Halak collector on this forum and I had a great rapport immediately, and I knew that we would help each other out. If anyone here knows MasterMax, they can vouch that he is a stand-up guy!

On the other forums there was a post from a case-break of 2012-13 SP Game Used. The member had snagged another Authentic Fabrics Fives Patches-Blues #3/9 and I was intrigued. Since my Halak Patch was all blue in the card I had, and this one was four colors, I wanted to upgrade! I contacted the other member about the card and offered a trade. He wanted what I thought was a LOT in return, until he told me to check out the ended auctions for this card. There were two... one at $145, and the other at $135! Whoops! Guess I lost the true value of this card seeing as Eddie's generosity was so staggering.

We agreed to a trade with parameters. I was to send the card I was upgrading to MasterMax for free. This was my offer and the fulfillment of my obligations to Pay It Forward. The trade went off without a hitch, and Max was STOKED when he got the card in the mail. It made my day, and I was glad to add an integral part to the best Jaroslav Halak PC out there. Yep... Max's PC is amazing!

A few weeks after this transaction happened, I got a message from Max telling me to watch my mailbox, and he also gave me a tracking number. It was Xpresspost and it arrived within two days. I had missed out on snagging the L from eBay, due to the fact that it went for about 125% of BV. I put two-and-two together, and confirmed it when the package arrived a couple of days later. Max had sacrificed a need for his PC in order to repay what I had done for him. I told him that it was not necessary, but he insisted. So here it is... my 2011-12 Panini Prime Namesakes-Jaroslav Halak is complete! If you are still with me, thanks for taking the time to read this. Haha! Best wishes!
(06-16-2013, 04:45 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: sweet L

and love the Espo and Dougy G in the Flames jersey
Thanks J.J.! I am growing a small collection of Hall Of Famers autos as traders. You can never go wrong with the proven players!

Randi