`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Can Lebron James get it done?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
50.00%
11 50.00%
NO
50.00%
11 50.00%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
LEBRON JAMES...can he get it done?

RE: LEBRON JAMES...can he get it done?
Exactly, if Pippen decided not to show up for some games, do you honestly think Jordan would have 6 rings?

I think time (and obviously six rings helps too) dims some people's memories.

If you win it becomes that you never played a bad game if you loose then you never played a good game.

It's not like Pippen showed up for every finals' game.

In games 5 and 6 against Utah in '98 he averaged 8ppg and shot 6/23 combined.
In games 5 and 6 against Utah in '97 he shot 11/34 and in game two of that series he scored 10 points on 4/13 shooting.
When Chicago dropped games 4 and 5 to Seattle in '96 after going up 3-0 Pippen was a combined 9/37 averaging 11.5ppg.

I didn't bother looking at the previous Bulls' 3-peat but it'll be safe to say Pippen wasn't perfect there either.

There were certainly plenty of finals games during the Bulls' six titles where Pippen didn't "show up" so to speak.

[Image: 15d2r7p.jpg]

(06-15-2013, 05:16 PM)tristanrules Wrote: Exactly, if Pippen decided not to show up for some games, do you honestly think Jordan would have 6 rings?
Pippen didn't in fact show up offensively on a number of playoffs and final games in the first 3 peat also!, his stats dropped consistently in the playoffs compered to the regular season...

He had 4 or 5 KEY games where he scored 15 points or less.

The Load on MJ in the first 3 peat would have been overwhelming for ANY other player, the second 3 peat was much easier on him because he had other players helping offensively!

Its just silly to compare MJ to anyone post season don't ya think?
(06-14-2013, 04:49 PM)bengu Wrote: Lmao pingbling is literally on every card forum site defending Lebron & kissing his behind with rosé colored glasses... Ehh it makes me sick.. The guy is overrated end of story. If he played in the 90's he'd be average just like Rodman said!
I don't think what pingbling23 is doing is any better or worse then what you do when it comes to Lebron....

He loves him, you hate him, both are equally annoying....

And both of you are equally wrong and are completely irrational.

FF's, the fact's show he's among the best that have ever played, but he's not anywhere near being the G.O.A.T

Very simple really.

Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(06-16-2013, 02:09 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Pippen didn't in fact show up offensively on a number of playoffs and final games in the first 3 peat also!, his stats dropped consistently in the playoffs compered to the regular season...

He had 4 or 5 KEY games where he scored 15 points or less.

The Load on MJ in the first 3 peat would have been overwhelming for ANY other player, the second 3 peat was much easier on him because he had other players helping offensively!

Its just silly to compare MJ to anyone post season don't ya think?

I don't think what pingbling23 is doing is any better or worse then what you do when it comes to Lebron....

He loves him, you hate him, both are equally annoying....

And both of you are equally wrong and are completely irrational.

FF's, the fact's show he's among the best that have ever played, but he's not anywhere near being the G.O.A.T

Very simple really.
+1

Lol to be honest...people trying to compare lebron to other great players throughout history has got to be by far the most annoying topic in the world. Is Lebron great? Of course, you'd be a fool today otherwise. Is he the greatest? Who knows. He still has a very long career ahead of him to keep on proving himself. Most people forget he is still only 28 years old. And to be honest, he has accomplished a lot more by the age of 28 than most anybody else in NBA history. It bugs me when people act like he is God (just like Tebow fans do for Tebow) but it also bugs when people try and say how bad he is....really???? Last time I checked, nobody here is in the NBA or ever played in the NBA, so who are you to say he's bad? He's obviously doing something right otherwise he wouldn't be in the NBA to begin with.

Sorry about the mini rant, I just think these threads get a little ridiculous sometimes.
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

if by chance Lebron plays horrible today (Sunday) but they end up winning because Bosh and Wade turn it up and they end up winning game 6 as well (or for that matter game 7) and Lebron still does not find his groove...would he still be held up high on that pedestal? The guy lacks consistency in my opinion. At this point in his career I cannot consider him an all time great...there are so many players that people consider them to be the best so early in their career only for them to have a career ending injury that turns into a what could've been. Most of us cannot predict the future, so please spare me the semantics, lets consider a player whether they are greatest after they retire or are close to retiring instead jumping the gun.

Once again, To trade or SELL on Beckett, you will need to have cards entered into your organize, as all cards for trade or sell must be entered into your organize and marked accordingly with a price. All transactions must be done via the trade tab at the top of the page. Next time you try to sell outside the system you will be suspended. A good place to Start is by reading the sticky message atop the trading forums, there is a tutorial as well. Here are the links
New Traders Read first
Tutorial
FAQ
Thanks, Mod

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos

(06-16-2013, 03:59 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: if by chance Lebron plays horrible today (Sunday) but they end up winning because Bosh and Wade turn it up and they end up winning game 6 as well (or for that matter game 7) and Lebron still does not find his groove...would he still be held up high on that pedestal? The guy lacks consistency in my opinion. At this point in his career I cannot consider him an all time great...there are so many players that people consider them to be the best so early in their career only for them to have a career ending injury that turns into a what could've been. Most of us cannot predict the future, so please spare me the semantics, lets consider a player whether they are greatest after they retire or are close to retiring instead jumping the gun.
Lebron will still get the credit regardless of how he play's this finals if they win....
But at the end of the day, he was mostly the reason they got there in the first place!
So he deserves some credit!

He needs to show up and get going like he did in game 4!

Game 5 is the most important game of Lebron's career IMO...

I have my doubts he can do it, but its about time he did!

(06-16-2013, 09:36 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Lebron will still get the credit regardless of how he play's this finals if they win....
But at the end of the day, he was mostly the reason they got there in the first place!
So he deserves some credit!

He needs to show up and get going like he did in game 4!

Game 5 is the most important game of Lebron's career IMO...

I have my doubts he can do it, but its about time he did!
I do agree he gets credit for getting there...but would he still be considered great? I mean in my opinion a player is "GREAT" when he/she takes the team to the championship and shows up to every game in the Championship...example...Pele, Mia Hamm, Jordan/Pippen, O'Neal/kobe, Olajuwon (who is so underrated), Montana, Elway, Staubach...etc...etc...etc...Lebron has just been so inconsistent that I do also have doubts he will show up.

(06-16-2013, 03:35 PM)arod0770710 Wrote: I do agree he gets credit for getting there...but would he still be considered great? I mean in my opinion a player is "GREAT" when he/she takes the team to the championship and shows up to every game in the Championship...example...Pele, Mia Hamm, Jordan/Pippen, O'Neal/kobe, Olajuwon (who is so underrated), Montana, Elway, Staubach...etc...etc...etc...Lebron has just been so inconsistent that I do also have doubts he will show up.
Lebron got them in a position to win a championship, although is stats have dropped in the playoff/finals he's done just enough to make it...

Lebron is not a "clutch" its just that simple.

The all time greats of this game have ALWAYS been considered the great, BECAUSE of what they did in the "CLUTCH"

I find it hard to understand why so many people think its ok to fall apart when your team needs you the most???

When I saw what he was doing in the close games against the Pacer's where for the last 2-3 minutes when his team was looking for him to make plays or score, he passed EVERYTIME, he didn't want to take any shots or make plays, he simply didn't want the ball.

The GREATS want the ball when it matters!!!

If he is to be considered as an all time great he needs to take his game to another level and take the shots when his team needs it!

Lebron, still has 1 or 2 chances to prove himself to be "clutch" this finals, if he does it and competes and makes his team win then he gets the credit and it will prove he has it in him!

But if he gets bailed out by his team mates and they have a great game and Lebron is just along for the ride then that does nothing for his legacy, but he will be credited for a back to back championship.

His legacy is on the line.

I have no confidence in his ability to GET IT DONE...

(06-17-2013, 03:26 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Lebron got them in a position to win a championship, although is stats have dropped in the playoff/finals he's done just enough to make it...

Lebron is not a "clutch" its just that simple.

The all time greats of this game have ALWAYS been considered the great, BECAUSE of what they did in the "CLUTCH"

I find it hard to understand why so many people think its ok to fall apart when your team needs you the most???

When I saw what he was doing in the close games against the Pacer's where for the last 2-3 minutes when his team was looking for him to make plays or score, he passed EVERYTIME, he didn't want to take any shots or make plays, he simply didn't want the ball.

The GREATS want the ball when it matters!!!

If he is to be considered as an all time great he needs to take his game to another level and take the shots when his team needs it!

Lebron, still has 1 or 2 chances to prove himself to be "clutch" this finals, if he does it and competes and makes his team win then he gets the credit and it will prove he has it in him!

But if he gets bailed out by his team mates and they have a great game and Lebron is just along for the ride then that does nothing for his legacy, but he will be credited for a back to back championship.

His legacy is on the line.

I have no confidence in his ability to GET IT DONE...
That my friend makes complete sense...all the more reason why people should not label him as an all time great...He might have the skills but he needs to go above and beyond to receive those honors and you make an excellent point with this statement:

"When I saw what he was doing in the close games against the Pacer's where for the last 2-3 minutes when his team was looking for him to make plays or score, he passed EVERYTIME, he didn't want to take any shots or make plays, he simply didn't want the ball.

The GREATS want the ball when it matters!!!"

I am just waiting for Lebron fans to defend him and say...he did not want the ball because he did not want to be greedy with it or labeled a ball hog...LOL!!!