`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
watching the finals on Tuesday and was wondering...why run it up?!

watching the finals on Tuesday and was wondering...why run it up?!
watching Tuesday night's finals...spurs are up by 26, Green, who has had the HOT hand tonight, decides to throw up another 3 and makes it...spurs now up by 29.

i ask you...why run up the score and continue to put up 3's?! it's not like a few years back and Celtics beat up on the Lakers and crushed them in the final game to win the Championship...it's still just game 3. Don't you think that raining 3's and running up the score would just be used as fuel for the fire for Thursday's game?

i'm not a heat fan nor am i a spurs fan...just hate it when teams do that.

RE: watching the finals on Tuesday and was wondering...why run it up?!
all I can say is a am a fan not a big fan of san anto but its just a game

Because Miami left all starters in after pop waved the flag Sunday. It was a statement.

I am neither a Spurs fan or Heat fan but I am just blown away with the Spurs role players. One would think that Parker, Duncan, and Ginobili would be running the show but I was happy to see Green and Neal doing so well. Combined Parker, Duncan, and Ginobili had 25 points. Neal and Green both either matched that (extremely close) or exceeded that. It is great to see that the Spurs are building a solid team when Duncan (37), Ginobili (35) and Parker (31) retire. And I did not even mention how well Leonard has played on the defensive end.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Well I wouldn't consider it running it up. There was still a lot of time left in the game and Miami was still playing it's starters. If San Antonio continued shooting 3s or playing their stars after Miami's stars left the court then it would be in bad taste. However the last 3 pointer by San Antonio was with over 6 minutes left in the game, so it wasn't exactly running up the score. That being said, since Miami was still playing its starters, had they actually started making shots and pulled the game closer would you be wondering why San Antonio stopped shooting 3s when they were doing so well with that earlier in the game.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

never ever stop. it isnt "running up the score" - it's playing basketball the full 48 minutes. if the other team chooses to bench their starters or lay down - SCREW THEM. you play the full 48, guns blazing. if the other team's players feelings are hurt: wah bleeping wah

i dont care if it's college, pro, on the blacktop, in the gym: never ever stop

(06-12-2013, 09:01 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: never ever stop. it isnt "running up the score" - it's playing basketball the full 48 minutes. if the other team chooses to bench their starters or lay down - SCREW THEM. you play the full 48, guns blazing. if the other team's players feelings are hurt: wah bleeping wah

i dont care if it's college, pro, on the blacktop, in the gym: never ever stop
+50 million
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

i am reminded of 2007, when people were whining about the patriots running up the score. reporter asked - i believe it was a dolphin defender - about them running up the score, and he said "its not their job to stop scoring, it's our job to keep them from scoring".

do your job.

If anything I was wondering why Spoelstra kept his starters in as long as he did.

At some point, you're just asking karma for a sprained ankle.

Call it a day and get ready for Game 4.

Basketball is more about showmanship than skill in the 2010s. For some superstars, their endorsements pay their bills; their contracts to the league just pay their taxes. It does not matter what you do for most of the game if you make the SC Top 10 that night for one or two plays. Running up the score? Fueling the fire? If any athletes need an opponents to motivate them to succeed, they would not be professional athletes. However, "showing the other team up" can help your image as far as people buying your jerseys are concerned.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.